Captiva Island Inn Bed & Breakfast
'Tween Waters Island Resort & Spa(Captiva Island)(Great Value!)
US$350
US$251
South Seas Island Resort(Captiva Island)(Great Value!)
US$341
US$299
  • Pool
West Wind Inn(Sanibel Island)
US$262
US$200
Sunset Beach Inn(Sanibel Island)(Great Value!)
US$222
US$180
Island Inn(Sanibel Island)(Great Value!)
US$243
Casa Ybel Resort(Sanibel Island)
Hilton.com
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewskey lime bistrorc ottershibiscus cottagelove shackhoneymoon suitethe cottageshannah's roombed and breakfastbubble roomcrab cake benedictold floridaandy rosse lanewalking distance to the beachincluded breakfastshort walkliving roomlocation is great
Reviewed 6 January 2014

My boyfriend has spent most of his adult life vacationing on Captiva, so I was excited to share the island with him. The inn where he normally stays (Jensen's) was booked, so he recommended The Captiva Island Inn based on experience years ago. We booked the Rosebud suite, and based on the websit, expected charmimg, imperfect old Florida style. Instead, what we got was run-down, stained, and neglected. The potential charm of the room was marred by stains on the bedskirt, a very saggy mattress, stains in the tub's drain, and an incredibly noisy dehumidifier and air conditioner. The frame around our window has rotted and is taped together with black duct tape. When my boyfriend asked for the hairdryer, he was given the kind that attaches to the wall. I had to hold the part that attaches to the wall so that he could hold the hose side close enough to dry his hair. Getting a proper hairdryer for paying guests has nothing to do with being quaint.

In summation, the only positives with the Rosebud are the great breakfasts that come with the room at the local restaurants and the wonderfully convenient location. But unfortunately, neither of these is enough reason to return. its a shame management isnt willing to put some needed money into appropriate capital improvements that keep the charm of the historic cottage, but also make it clean, comfortable, more functional and worth the $1000 for four nights that we paid.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank S B
Reviewed 27 December 2013

This was our first time on Captiva and we stayed in the Lantana room. The room was clean and the furnishings were in good condition. The porch over looking the street was nice and you take advantage of the live music at the Key Lime bistro right next door! The night we were there, the power went out on the entire island and the bistro was one of the only places left with power due to their generator! The noise from it was annoying, but it kept the night going.! The smell from the area behind bistros kitchen was foul and I would not recommend staying in the unit directly behind there because of it. Over all though this is a great place and we will defeniately be going back.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 December 2013

My husband and I booked the "Bird of Paradise" cabin for a one night stay over the Thanksgiving Holiday. We were shocked when we entered the cabin. It smelled like a damp basement, the bed/mattress were bowed and had a piece of wood lodged underneath for stability (?). The paint job and furnishings had seen better days. The bathroom cabinets were all scraped up.

Needless to say, we did not stay. We left and drove back to our condo in Fort Myers Beach. They told my husband at the front desk that they couldn't refund our money but we could try and call on Monday and talk to management. What a waste!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Jenib2
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Staying on Captiva is not a new experience for me and familiarity of the quirks of a small inn are well known. What is unfamiliar, is the full of excuses attitude of the office staff. Yes, I am very aware that the inn is old. Being old is no excuse for having to fill the toilet with water all night because someone turned off the cold water and no one checked to make sure it was running again. It is also no excuse for the electricity going off twice while using a hair dryer. One time, I was in the shower while my partner was using the dryer and the power went out. It was very dark in the bathroom and it could have been an accident in the making. Thank goodness we knew to check the breaker box. The Love Shack room is inexpensive, but having working water and electric should have nothing to do with the cost of the room.
I remember when Captiva Island Inn opened and recall seeing it at its best for years. Unfortunately, the attention to small details by all staff has made it look old and tired. The office staff have a very "oh, well" attitude. They should all take a course in hospitality training.
Captiva is amazing. I just wish there were a few more choices for a long weekend stay. So, it's Captive on Captiva at this inn.

As a side note, the manager did refund one nights stay for all of the issues we had. By doing that he saved face, but it does not change the facts that made this necessary.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank SailAway53
corbanc, Manager at Captiva Island Inn Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Thank you for your review and for the time it took you to share your experience. I am so terribly sorry for all the trouble you encounter during your stay. Our hotel team usually goes way above and beyond to solve problems and satisfy our guest as you can see from our previous review. I want to thank you for bringing these issues to my attention. While I do work at the hotel 5 days a week some issue do not reach me until it is too late.

It is because of guests like yourself that we are able to correct our mistakes and prevent them from happening again. The entire staff has been informed of the situation and the maintenance issues have been fixed. Once again, thank you for staying with us, I hope that you will choose our property again when you are in the area.

Reviewed 22 November 2013

My boyfriend and I visited Captiva Island Inn for a mini vacation and were thrilled with the whole experience. When we checked in we were immediately offered an upgrade and given a choice of 2 larger cottages (at no additional cost) I was thrilled because the one I really wanted was available. It was beautifully furnished and by staying here you really don't have to get in your vehicle to get anything you want. It's all there! Bars, restraunts, beach, pool and a coffee shop right next door. The island grocery is not even a block away!! This place is not brand new so dont expect that, but to us it was perfect!.....Lovely place and very courteous staff!! P.S. The beach is less than perfect right now but they are working on it furiously to restore it to its usual glory. In conclusion, Stay Here!!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Iris room which is 2 bedrooms so there is space for a family but only one bathroom,however; it has access from the bedroom and the common space so no problem.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple