Captiva Island Inn Bed & Breakfast
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Excellent 5/5
Jensen's "On the Gulf"(Captiva Island)
  • Pool
Excellent 5/5
    Mitchell's Sandcastles(Sanibel Island)
    Great 4.5/5
    West Wind Inn(Sanibel Island)
    Beachview Cottages(Sanibel Island)
    Great 4.5/5
    Sunset Beach Inn(Sanibel Island)
    Very Good 4/5
    All reviewskey lime bistrorc ottershibiscus cottagelove shackhoneymoon suitethe cottageshannah's roombed and breakfastbubble roomcrab cake benedictold floridaandy rosse lanewalking distance to the beachincluded breakfastshort walkliving roomlocation is great
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 19 February 2014

Just got back from staying at the Captiva Island Inn. Location is perfect. Cottages seem to be warm and cozy. Great included breakfast. We stayed in The Iris Cottage. Great size for a family a 4. Just a little heads up, it is in need of updates and repairs. When I got home, I inquired about what needed to be done. The manager told me it is in line for a update after the busy season. Soooooo, I recommend asking if it has been updated yet. It will be a perfect spot once it has been updated and repaired. (i.e.. doors not working, locking or closing, bathroom work, new couch and new appliances in kitchen) Don't want anyone getting stuck staying in a cottage that needs so many repairs. I'm confident, once repairs have been made the cottage will be perfect.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
    3  Thank mdnapp2016
    Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

The Gardenia Suite was all right; several small problems, like no hot water, which were addressed immediately. The walls are furnishings are scuffed, bedding is sub-par, but the location is great! It's right next to the Key Lime Bistro & we could sit outside and listen to the live music which played all day/evening. The beach is just a short walk away. Breakfast was included and was also wonderful- we went to RC Otters every day due to the sunny tables outside. The last night we switched to the Honeymoon suite, as the Gardenia was not available and it was amazing. Absolutely huge, with great furnishings-much, much nicer. Would love to stay there again!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
    1  Thank Jodigirl17
    Reviewed 7 January 2014

This was my second visit to Captiva Island Inn, the first being in 2002.It was a lovely and memorable experience then and I wanted to return in 2013. The Inn gave me the same excellent service and completely surprised me by upgrading me to the best cottage on the property. I can't say enough about this magical place. I highly recommend them to anyone wishing for a quaint, quiet vacation tucked away on an island paradise.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
    6  Thank Kate W
    Reviewed 6 January 2014

My boyfriend has spent most of his adult life vacationing on Captiva, so I was excited to share the island with him. The inn where he normally stays (Jensen's) was booked, so he recommended The Captiva Island Inn based on experience years ago. We booked the Rosebud suite, and based on the websit, expected charmimg, imperfect old Florida style. Instead, what we got was run-down, stained, and neglected. The potential charm of the room was marred by stains on the bedskirt, a very saggy mattress, stains in the tub's drain, and an incredibly noisy dehumidifier and air conditioner. The frame around our window has rotted and is taped together with black duct tape. When my boyfriend asked for the hairdryer, he was given the kind that attaches to the wall. I had to hold the part that attaches to the wall so that he could hold the hose side close enough to dry his hair. Getting a proper hairdryer for paying guests has nothing to do with being quaint.

In summation, the only positives with the Rosebud are the great breakfasts that come with the room at the local restaurants and the wonderfully convenient location. But unfortunately, neither of these is enough reason to return. its a shame management isnt willing to put some needed money into appropriate capital improvements that keep the charm of the historic cottage, but also make it clean, comfortable, more functional and worth the $1000 for four nights that we paid.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
    6  Thank S B
    Reviewed 27 December 2013

This was our first time on Captiva and we stayed in the Lantana room. The room was clean and the furnishings were in good condition. The porch over looking the street was nice and you take advantage of the live music at the Key Lime bistro right next door! The night we were there, the power went out on the entire island and the bistro was one of the only places left with power due to their generator! The noise from it was annoying, but it kept the night going.! The smell from the area behind bistros kitchen was foul and I would not recommend staying in the unit directly behind there because of it. Over all though this is a great place and we will defeniately be going back.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple