Captiva Island Inn Bed & Breakfast
South Seas Island Resort(Captiva Island)(Great Value!)
US$385
US$343
  • Pool
'Tween Waters Island Resort & Spa(Captiva Island)(Great Value!)
US$184
TripAdvisor
West Wind Inn(Sanibel Island)
US$250
US$212
Beachview Cottages(Sanibel Island)(Great Value!)
US$233
Sunset Beach Inn(Sanibel Island)(Great Value!)
US$275
US$255
US$212
Hotwire.com
Jensen's "On the Gulf"(Captiva Island)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Island Inn(Sanibel Island)
TripAdvisor
All reviewskey lime bistrorc ottershibiscus cottagelove shackhoneymoon suitethe cottageshannah's roombed and breakfastbubble roomcrab cake benedictold floridaandy rosse lanewalking distance to the beachincluded breakfastshort walkliving roomlocation is great
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 July 2007

My daughter just returned from a week at the Captiva Inn B&B. We loved it from the moment we walked into our room. I was a bit nervous reading some of the previous reviews of the property, but we were pleasently suprised. We rented the smallest of the rooms, the Daisy Cottage. It was just right for the two of us. The daily maid service was great and we were treated to daily breakfasts at RC Otters and Key Lime Bestro. The menu choises were amazing and we never left breakfast hungry. We fell in love with Captiva and the beach was beautiful. I was hard for us to leave. When we do return to Captiva, we will definately be staying at the Captiva B&B. We were not disappointed in the least. If you are looking for a high class hotel experience, this is not the place for you. If you want a comfortable, cozy, and authentic experience, I recomment the Captive B&B.
I would also recommend that if you need a car for your visit to rent from Sensible Car Rental. They service was exceptional and the price was the best I have found in the area.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank Starlene
Reviewed 24 June 2007

We just checked out today and had a wonderful time at the Inn. It was a gift from my parents and I read trip advisor and with some of the bad reviews I almost didn't want to come. It's a fun little place to stay and the innkeeper was very nice and not at all what other reviewers said. Our room was clean and brightly furnished. The breakfast daily was delicious and I couldn't decide wheter Keylime Bistro was my favorite or RC Otters. We'll be back for our 2 anniversary. I am a chef and I love to eat! What a treat ! A true man sized meal!

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FortMyers_FlCjoe
Reviewed 16 June 2007

Having read some reviews, just felt we had to write in. Bill has been the friendliest, most helpful person each time we have stayed at the Inn. We have been 4 times and have been in the cottages and the main house from the tiny Love Shack to the top floor of the house. It is our favourite place, don't go if you want impeccable service and lots of staff - do go if you want to relax and enjoy the beach and chill out away from huge hotel chains.

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled with family
1  Thank LolaF
Reviewed 11 June 2007

Dont bother with this over priced worn out smelly dump!. Management is rude, all they want is your money. The smell is awful behind the restaurant, they had a guy on the roof of the restaurant all night with a pressure washer trying to clean it up. Very loud all nite long, got no sleep! Mangement didnt care at all, not even a sorry. The bed was held together with wire, the wood floors are dry rotted (nasty) I would reccomend astay in Sanibel and just visit Captiva for the day.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled as a couple
3  Thank JimFtMyersFL
Reviewed 4 June 2007

Its really a shame this hotel could be so nice if it wasnt for the total lack of customer service of the inn keeper . This was our experience. - I just returned from captiva and stayed at the captiva inn - for the first few nights it was great - because next door the renters were quiet - but the last few nights I had the worst experience- The room next to me was a room full of partiers and the inn is definitely not sound proof - WE couldnt sleep for 3 nights - The inn keeper Bill did nothing when we complained - - So after 3 nights of not sleeping - We lost it - and unfortunately the partiers got the brunt of our complaint , which wasnt our intention - The inn keeper should have handled it properly by moving us or accomidating our complaint in some way , But he didnt. In fact he asked us to leave - WE were made to be the bad guys because we just wanted a relaxing vacation. On travel advisor - I noticed a few other couples experienced the same thing - It really is a shame , I have to beleive the owner Sandy Stillwell simply is not aware of these issues - because no sound business owner would want these types of complaints on the internet - I am seeing more and more complaints on this forum - they just keep arising in what could be such a great place.

• Stayed: May 2007