“Shelling trip”

Santiva Saltwater Fishing
Ranked #8 of 17 Tours in Captiva Island
More attraction details
Owner description: Santiva Saltwater Fishing is owned and operated Captain Jim Burnsed and his family. Capt. Jim Burnsed is a 3rd generation Floridian who began fishing the Sanibel-Captiva waters as a professional guide over 30 years ago. Along with his sons, Capt. Jimmy Burnsed & Capt. Rob McKay, Capt. Jim offers guided fishing, shelling, snorkeling, and wildlife/eco - tours for every age and level of experience. Santiva Saltwater Fishing is located at the Tween Waters Marina on Captiva.
Clive, Iowa
“Shelling trip”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Rob McKay was a great guide for our shelling excursion. We were out for a few hours and learned about the wildlife, sea life, islands and history. Rob was very informative and wanted to be sure we saw exactly what we came for. I wanted to see a dolphin and for some reason there weren't very many out that day, but he kept us on the boat until we saw one.
Steve and Debbie Smith
Clive, IA

Visited March 2014

Lawrenceburg, Indiana
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“"Our boat trip!"”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

That was the collective reply from my children (who rarely agree on anything) when asked "what was your favorite thing on our vacation." We spent last week in Ft. Myers / Sanibel / Captiva and kept our kids busy everyday so that's a pretty big compliment to the team at Suntiva. Dal and Amy were the schedulers and could not have been more helpful or patient considering there were storms in the area to work around and I was coordinating for two groups. We scheduled two outings for the week, one for fishing and from what I heard around the marina we had one of if not the best catches that day. Our other trip was for 12 of us to see and learn about the islands, animal life and go shelling. We split into two very comfortable boats and Capt Rob was the guide of my family's boat. He was as nice a guy as you'll ever meet and It was incredible how he could spot a manatee moving just under the surface from so far away by being able to notice how the water was acting a little different in a small spot and then tell you as much about them as I think anyone at a zoo could. The water was choppy so without him we wouldn't have had a chance at seeing one that day. He also got us close enough for good pictures of a Bald Eagle and up close and personal with some dolphins that swam and jumped in his wake. I did quite a bit of asking around and looking on the internet before choosing Suntiva for this trip, but next time I'll just be calling them.

Visited March 2014
Columbia, Maryland
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“A great morning”
Reviewed 25 March 2014

And not one fish to keep. But Rob took me to various spots and we caught a lot of fish. I also saw a tremendous amount of wildlife. The water is very calm so no need to worry about seasickness. I am a rank amateur but Rob made sure that there was plenty of action (although he thought it was a slow day).

This group has a number of captains to call on. They were very responsive and professional in communications.

I'll be doing this again next year.

1 Thank zandz-lx2
Stony Creek, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fishing With Captain Jim=Fishing With The Best”
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I took my 14 year old son out for a few hours of fishing with Captain Jim for a mother/son trip. Captain Jim had the years of expereience to provide the opportunities for an unforgettable fishing trip. He put us on to all kinds of fish and even if they hadn't been biting, the trip with Captain Jim would have been great because he has such a great personality, is patient, and you can tell he cares about helping you have a good time. He helped us make lifetime memories and we will always want to come back and fish with him again. Thanks, Captain,and we hope our paths cross with yours again!

1 Thank Laura D
“Amazing time!!”
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Had an amazing time with Capt Jimmy!! Helped fulfill my bucket list dream of catching a big shark!!! What an outgoing and friendly guide! He's our new go to guy for fishing in this area!!! Thanks for a wonderful memory!!! Dan, April, Bill and Donna!!!