“Another Awesome Week of Laughter”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Captiva Island
Jensen's Twin Palm Cottages and Marina
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Captiva Island
Reviewed 3 December 2012

We just completed another awesome week at Jensen's. Lots of laughter, great fishing and Queenie's ice cream. It is our 9th year celebrating Thanksgiving there. This year we stretched out to 9 days. We are grateful to be in such a delightful place.
Cabin #8 has always been our favorite for a special romantic retreat. It was once again spotless and the sunrises out our window could not be beat.
The week after Thanksgiving is so peaceful and we decided to stay extra days.
We came back to stay the next weekend and discovered another gem of a unit, number 12! Read more....

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank northcaptivaisland
There are newer reviews for Jensen's Twin Palm Cottages and Marina

Reviewed 22 November 2012

Not everyone is going to like not having daily maid service, but this is an excellent, low key value, I had to add a review. I'm in a sweet one bedroom kitchenette, within a 5 minute walk of 4 or 5 restaurants, 10 minutes walk across the street to the Gulf, and directly on the bay. I can't tell you how nice the people who work here are.

Room Tip: Sorry, but I'm knowledgeable enough, but ours didn't have any water views.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank magap99
Reviewed 18 November 2012

I would stay here again in a heartbeat. We were in cottage number five, a two-bedroom, one bath unit with a nice screened porch, kitchen with all everything you need, and living area. Usually when I visit Captiva (or Sanibel) I stay on the beach so this was first - and I loved it. Each morning, we'd wake up and head over to the docks with our coffee, watch the manatees and the sunrise, it was magical. You are within walking distance of 'downtown' Captiva, with all the shops and great restaurants, and the beach is a short four minute walk. If you're a boater, this place is heaven. If you love the water, this place is heaven. If you love serenity and seeing those gentle giants (manatees), this is the place to be. The Jensen Brothers were so helpful and so hospitable, we have already planned our return trip. The unit was clean and simple. If you want a hair dryer or any extras like shampoo, bring it. I got good wi-fi reception for my computer, too. You can grill out on their bar-b-ques by the water, get what you need from their store, rent a charter, book a sunset cruise or dolphin or shelling excursion...the boys will hook you up with anything you want. Each evening, we'd walk back over to the docks, watch the herds of manatees, with our cocktails in hand, and enjoy the colorful clouds as the sun set. You can also walk over to the beach, bring a towel to sit on and have a front row seat to the sun setting over the Gulf. Your choice! This resort is great for famiies, plenty of room, lots to see and explore. Very low key, laid back, island lifestyle at its best. The sunset cruise, by the way, is awesome. You'll see tons of dolphins flipping and jumping in the wake! Thank you Jensen brothers for a most wonderful Captiva experience. Hope to see you soon. Do not hesitate to book this place. I travel frequently and if you're looking for no frills, easy access to boating, fishing, shelling, relaxing...this is your home away from home. I didn't give this resort five stars because I reserve five stars for places like the Ritz or Waldorf with oodles of amenities - but this place was so centrally located and the service was so outstanding, I was tempted to break my own rules.

Room Tip: We were in cottage number five which was close to the road, if you want less road noise, stay closer...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 November 2012

We hired a boat which unfortunately was when the wind was up from Hurricaine Sandy. This meant the ride was rough when we got out to sea, which is not the fault of Jensens, they wanted us to experience what we could and came back to port when we asked the captain to. Very obliging and helpful and would definitely return.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Easterholidays
Reviewed 24 October 2012

We spent last wee-end with my family (2 nights) at Jensen's Twim Palm Resort Marina.
That place is like paradise to me, or to anybody who is into fishing and/or boating.
The rooms are clean and few yards away from the marina and from the shop, where you can buy all sort of fishing gear, live baits..... and conveniently charge them to your room! People are friendly and you honestly feel at home since you step in the resort.
We went out on a boat, 18 ft, nice engine but the sea was a bit choppy and came back in an hour. BTW, despite the short trip, we saw dolphins jumping around the boat, much closer than what you can see at SeaWorld! We started to fish from the dock of the marina, and a part from small catches, we managed to fish a bonnethead shark! My son (9 yrs old) was so excited that we continued fishing also after dinner, at night! There are also plenty of snooks swimming around, but you need professional gear to catch them (ie 50 lbs or more line!)
If you prefer the beach, it is just 5 minutes walking, on the Gulf of Mexico side. nearby you have a grocery shop, very convenient and not too far Starbucks.
I cannot recommend a better place. For me it is better than the Keys. I will go back in a matter of months!

Room Tip: My room was N. 10, 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms and the patio: PERFECT!!!
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Artbusca
Reviewed 23 October 2012

This marina has a number of cottages to rent. Ours was extremely spacious. They are lovely for a quiet break, fitted out with enough amenities for sleeping and making your own meals, should you so wish. The cabins are located just by the marina. Lots of fishing activities and boat rides available.

Dave, the owner, is a real happy go lucky guy always ready for a laugh

Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ray B
Reviewed 11 October 2012

As others have written, this is just a perfect spot to relax, see the Manatees and "chill". Captiva is a wonderful island with a great beach and restaurants and Jensen's is close to them all - but not in the middle of it so when you go back to your cottage you're on your own again in peace and quite. The staff was wonderful, the cottage was perfectly comfortable, clean and modern throughout. And the manatees were putting on a great display under the dock. I'd love to go back

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
#2 of 4 in Captiva Island
West Wind Inn
West Wind Inn
#5 of 20 in Sanibel Island

Been to Jensen's Twin Palm Cottages and Marina? Share your experiences!