“Forget Tween Waters and South Seas. It's Jensen's all the way.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Captiva Island
Jensen's Twin Palm Cottages and Marina
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Captiva Island
Naples, Florida
“Forget Tween Waters and South Seas. It's Jensen's all the way.”
Reviewed 22 December 2013

If you are looking for a laid-back vacation on Captiva, then Jensen's cottages (marina on Pine Island Sound) are the way go go. Sure, you could spend more, depending on season, for something at Tween Waters or South Seas, and you could have fancier things awaiting you, OR you could have a very nice cottage waiting you and just walk outside your cottage and viola! You could watch the manatees and green herons, go rent a boat, or walk right into the village. You can enjoy everything within the village. Park your car in front of your cottage when you get there and that's it. Explore everything from there - it's such a lovely place, and you'll appreciate being able to come right back to your cottage whenever you please. If you're here to fish, you'll love the little "Fishing Museum" on site. I recommend booking a trip during the weekends after Thanksgiving through the New Year so you can enjoy some of the fun holiday events that Captiva puts on each year. It's always great fun, and it's even more fun if you don't have to leave the island. Jensen's is a great spot to sit and watch the boat parade, too.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank TwoWheelsOnly

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Bonney Lake, Washington
Reviewed 9 December 2013

We have seen it briefly in the past; saw the recommendations and perused the web site. Relaxing place, the Jensen family hospitality, "Old Florida" in an area of gazillion-dollar estates. I am here to tell you it is all true!
We stayed in cottage #8. No screened porch, but adjacent to the water with a view of the marina from the window. Our intent at the beginning of a 17-day visit to Florida was to come here and basically shut down for three days. Mission accomplished. We were offered a fishing pole if I wanted to try my luck from the dock. There were plenty of fish in the area, and the dock does have a cleaning station. I did not rent one of their boats because of shallow and unfamiliar waters in Pine Island Sound - but after taking a boat ride out, I will definitely rent a boat next time!
Walking distance to a few local eateries and the Island Store. Beware, the prices reflect being on an island. Get your groceries at the Publix market on the mainland on your way here. 1/4 mile walk to the Gulf beach. (Jensens also offers a property on the Gulf beach) The Mucky Duck pub on the beach is a great place for dessert and a beer - and the sunsets are amazing!
The Jensens are welcoming and willing to show you anything about their operation and the area. They even took time to show us how to spot the manatees in the water before you can actually see them.
The cottage is air conditioned, great for those of us not accustomed to the humidity here. Full kitchen and dishes/utensils are provided. The on-site store caters mostly to the fishing crowd, but seemed to have what we needed - including some sunglasses after I broke mine. Weber grills are outside (I grilled up my own Cheeseburger in Paradise)...thank you to the staff for loaning me a lighter to start my charcoal.., and the grounds are well-maintained. Coming from the Pacific Northwest and our own brand of paradise, we will be back here on our next trip to Florida!

Room Tip: Cottage #8 has the water view, others have large screened porches. Depends on what you are looking...
2 Thank RoadTrippersWA
North Palm Beach
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Very clean cottages. We rented a boat for $165.00 for a full day of inshore fishing. The fish were practically jumping in the boat. It was a lot of fun. I also recommend the lunch spot that you can only get to by boat-the name escapes me but ask the Marina folks, they'll know. You can pretty much park your car once you arrive as there are several good choices for dinner within walking distance. We will return!
P.S. Not all cottages have screened porches-ours did not. Also, we could hear the people above us walking around but it wasn't too bad. I imagine it could be if you got some noisy folks upstairs. Not all cottages are 2 stories. Also, no swimming pool which would be nice!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Newark, DE
Reviewed 22 November 2013

This review is for the marina. We did not stay here but will consider next time we come here! From the outside the cottages were quaint all with a screened in porch. The folks at the marina were very welcoming, informative and hospitable. Hubby and I splurged because it was our 25th anniversary on a private trip to N. Captiva Island from here with Captain Shawn who was the "captain of the day" . We stayed out for 6 hours, Shawn dropped us off on the bay side of the island and got us in as far as he possibly could. Nice guy, wish we would have done it earlier in the week because we would have gone on a fishing trip instead of spending $60 bucks at the fish monger parked at the Island Store on Thursday.( The fish was great though and worth the size that we bought) Note to self for next time, and we WILL be back. Anyway at the arranged upon time for pick up Captain Shawn was right there. Wading back out into the bay at high tide was kinda freaky for me even though I'm a water girl I am not familiar with the aquatic life in that area. Just walking out to meet the boat was awesome! We saw some clear, straight, seahorse looking fish (I apologize to the locals for being a dunce) And another group of big fish, and some type of an eagle ray that headed right toward me as I was wading out that scared the crap outta me. On top of that we saw a manatee raise its nose above the water and at the time Im thinking what the H**ck is that! Thankfully Captain Shawn was pulling up as I saw the manatee and confirmed thats what it was. ( Reminder Im a North Eastern shore girl used to jelly fish, crabs, sharks and sting rays but was spooked a bit being in my bare feet, wear water shoes if you get goose bumps too). LOL It was a great day shelling where he dropped us off to walk across from the bay to the ocean which was a very short distance. We took a cooler and a waterproof bag and had a great time! Plan ahead, plan that you will walk a tad to get to the oceanside and you will be A OK. We did hit a honey hole for shells the day he dropped us off and most of the day we were the only one on the beach. Well worth it and hope to go back soon!

Room Tip: We saw manatee and an eagle ray when we came back, dont be in a hurry to go!
2 Thank DEskigurl
Indialantic, Florida
Reviewed 6 November 2013

We spent four nights here for our 26th anniversary. We came here because my brother-in-law, who passed away last year, used to come here to go fishing. We were familiar with Captiva, from business conferences, and my wife coming in the 60's. We picked cottage #2 because it had a king bed. You can see all the cottages online, but the photos don't do them justice. Our cottage was spotless, and looked recently updated. The bathroom was very modern, no tub, just a very nicely tiled shower. The property is in the bay, and has a dock for boats and fishing. The office has bait and tackle, drinks, ice etc. You are walking distance from the gulf of Mexico, shops, and restaurants. The staff at Jensen's are wonderful. They brought us ice, and when we locked ourselves out, cheerfully came and let us in, even though they had gone home for the night. We cooked in our kitchen, and barbequed by the bay. We had a wonderful time.

3 Thank peterthegreatmlkj
Olathe, Kansas
Reviewed 29 September 2013

I can't say enough good things about the Jensen's! The brothers made us feel welcome from the first time we called to inquire about reservations. My husband called a couple of times to get their recommendations on fishing guides and they were helpful. Upon checking in, our cabin was spotless and had everything in it that we would need for the week! When we got back from our fishing trip, they offered us all the stuff to grill our catch from the day.

We will stay with the Jensen's on our next visit to Captiva Island. Thanks for making our vacation wonderful!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank FarrahKS
Lara, Australia
Reviewed 14 September 2013

There are not enough words.
This is lovely, old Florida, with wonderfully comfortable cottages and a feeling of stepping back to the laid back Sanibel-Captiva that I visited as a kid (I am 60). I first came to these islands at 5 years of age, on the ferry! The majority of Captiva has now been taken over by "money." There are hideous, massive "houses" tucked (or forced) into the beautiful palms in places, BUT not here at the Jensen's. You can't even SEE that visual destruction from here. Here it is FLORIDA. It is beautiful and peaceful, incredibly so. You can sit at the edge of the water and watch a mother manatee and child mere meters from your feet!

The Jensen brothers are three of the nicest, most caring, wonderful people you will ever meet. My wife and I have traveled a lot of the world and stayed in many, many places, but none has ever surpassed the wondrous, welcoming feeling of Jensen's Twin Palms.
This is what 'heaven' looks like in my mind. This place is as good as it can be. I could write for hours and still not capture how wonderful it is.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
#2 of 4 in Captiva Island
West Wind Inn
West Wind Inn
#5 of 19 in Sanibel Island

Been to Jensen's Twin Palm Cottages and Marina? Share your experiences!