“Highly Recommend!”

Captiva Watersports
Ranked #4 of 17 Tours in Captiva Island
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Explore the outer islands and warm Gulf waters of Sanibel and Captiva Islands. Captiva Watersports is a family owned and operated business offering waverunner rentals, guided wildlife tours, boat rentals, and parasail rides. We have options for everyone! Captain your own rental boat and explore the outers islands of Captiva or enjoy a guided wildlife excursion on one of our an exciting waverunner tours. Captiva Watersports has something for everyone! In addition to boat rentals and guided tours, we also offer half hour and full hour waverunner rentals, exciting parasail rides, fishing gear rentals, and live bait sales.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Highly Recommend!”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We're to begin? Amy and her crew are awesome to work with not to mention the quality of the Beach Bums fleet is really something that is unheard of...not just in SW Florida but around the world. Yes, I am a boat owner and pretty much whenever I travel I seek out opportunities to hit the water and explore the local waters (and watering holes) for myself and my crew! Beach Bums has beautiful center consoles that are heavy enough and well designed to handle a little chop with no problems and every boat I have been on had a nice, new, appropriately sized Yamaha 4 stroke outboard on the back. I believe I've been out on all of their boats (including the deck boat) and none of them are under-powered, this is a) coming from a guy who always has his personal boats rigged with the highest horsepower a hull is rated for and b) atypical in the rental world. In my personal experience most rentals have old 2 strokes and are under-powered.

These guys are professional, friendly, safety oriented and fun.

I won't give away all the best spots to take your rental to but just ask the staff when you head out and they'll point you in the right direction... No shortage of places to explore and fun to be had. I just stepped off their '19 Palm Beach and after 6+ times renting with them we found two new favorites. Pretty much have always seen dolphins and have had a couple of pretty neat experiences seeing manatees up close! Always makes a trip to Sanibel extra special.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Scott M

Aiken, South Carolina
54 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 74 helpful votes
“Super fun day!”
Reviewed 11 April 2014

We rented a boat for the day from Beach Bums. Everything was ready to go when we arrived. Guys were efficient and knowledgeable. They gave us good information about how to get to our 2 destinations, Cayo Costa and Cabbage Key. The map they provided had the area clearly marked with specific directions to get in and out of the marina. Quick check in upon return, as well. Highly recommend!

Visited April 2014
Halifax, Canada
75 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 102 helpful votes
“Great day trip”
Reviewed 26 March 2014

We rented a boat for the afternoon and really enjoyed our afternoon adventure. We were able to access areas you can only access by water. I would recommend having some boating experience and comfort being on the water as you have to be aware as there are numerous hazards such as sandbars. We got lucking and saw dolphins along the way.

As far as the staff goes, they seemed laid back a very helpful. They equip you with a chart and directions to the local islands and recommendations based the current weather conditions.

I will definitely do this next trip to the area but for longer so I have more time to explore.

Visited March 2014
Grayslake, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Wonderful Staff”
Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

Rented a boat for the day. Rob took lots of time to give us detailed instructions about how to get around and his recommended spots to stop at. It made for a very easy day to get around. The other worker (I think his name was Kacey?) got our boat ready. The boat was very clean and there was a provided cooler with ice. Boat ran great. Couldn't of asked for a better experience!

Scarsdale, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great experience”
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Our family recently rented a boat for the afternoon from Beach Bums and the entire experience was excellent. The team could not have been more friendly and accommodating. They were knowledgable and gave us so many great tips. The price was reasonable too. I highly recommend.

Visited February 2014