“Great Food with many Caribbean influences”

Doc Ford's Rum Bar & Grille Captiva
Reserve with OpenTable
Doc Ford's Rum Bar & Grille Captiva is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Grill
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Took the family just this evening, I had the Banana Peel Snapper which was amazing. My Wife had the pork chop equally as good if not better. The chicken fingers my son ordered were more like chicken breasts and he got a lot of them.

Service was really good, the place is a little loud but we have two kids under 3 so it was a blessing.

We had eaten at the original in Ft Myers a few years back so we knew going in it was gonna be good. If you are thinking about it I say go for it.

Can't see how you wouldn't like the place.

Doc F, Manager at Doc Ford's Rum Bar & Grille Captiva, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Thank you for your review! We are pleased that you enjoyed your time with us here at Doc Fords Captiva and look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

If you aren't into burgers or fried seafood, you are limited. Salads were good but chicken sandwhich was dry. Family friendly place, but my husband and kids liked it better than I did.

1  Thank Babybee5227
Doc F, Manager at Doc Ford's Rum Bar & Grille Captiva, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

I am sincerely sorry that your experience fell short of our standards. We take great pride in customer service and satisfaction. I can only hope that you will give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations. Thank you for taking the time to inform us on what is going on, so that we can take the proper measures to resolve these issues. It's people like you that help us improve by providing your feedback.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Went with my entire family of 11. We all had great food and drinks. There wasn't one complaint about the places. Service was excellent and the restaurant was great

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We're so happy you had a great time and enjoyed everything. We will see you again soon! Also remember to check out our other locations on Sanibel and Fort Myers Beach!

Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

This place is a very short walk from the Tennis Villas at South Seas! From the moment we walked in the entire staff was welcoming! I wish I remembered our waiter's name because he was great! He made a great beer suggestion for my husband as well as great menu selection for me! We had the clam chowder which I thought was only ok but that could be because I am originally from Boston! We also had the pulled pork sandwich and the Parmesan crusted chicken sandwich! Both great! There was also live music! Reasonably priced good food - can't beat that!

Reviewed 9 July 2014

We visit DF once per year while on the island. You should as well. There are two locations, the one on Captiva has more seating capacity. You will like the food. Stick to the specialties. The foods with the spicy kick are my recommended dishes. Take time to understand the history of the restaurant. You will appreciate it more.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We're so happy you had a great time and enjoyed everything. We will see you next year!