“Great location, great experience”
Review of The Mucky Duck

The Mucky Duck
Price range: US$17 - US$33
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Takeout
Miami, Florida
“Great location, great experience”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

This restaurant has a great location for the sunset crowd at dinnertime and the beach-goers at lunchtime. The menu is pretty extensive, and our party of 12 had a good cross-selection of entrees, from shrimp to steaks. Everyone remarked the food was pretty good and the portions not skimpy. The children's menu offers a bit more variety than most restaurants and portions are quite generous for the children. The price and value are typical for Captiva, not a low-budget place, but not a rip-off either. It was pretty crowded when we were there, which slowed the service some, but the staff did okay under the circumstances. The beer/wine selection was pretty decent and prices in the reasonable range as well. Well worth a visit and whether you sit inside or outside depends on the weather. While this place does not take reservations, I had asked earlier in the day about our party of 12 and they were very helpful in accommodating us by suggesting we send a person from our group 30 minutes before our desired dining time so they could plan on seating the group. That worked out fine.

Visited August 2014

Fort Worth
“Wanted to like”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

This was probably a great place at one time. It has a rich history and awesome location. However, the staff is rude and the food is just so, so. Our night started out with a horrible experience with the parking attendant. After a long wait to just get into the parking lot, we had a car pass us up. The attendant gave them the next spot instead of us. I asked him why he was letting that car park ahead of us, and he quickly replied in a hateful tone, "if you'll let me talk,, I'll tell you why I did that!" When I let him talk, he sent me down the street to a marina, but omitted the fact that it was a paid lot. No big deal if would would had told me, but I let my family off and ended up having to walk back and fourth twice to get some cash. Won't be going back! Hoping they revamp and have a talk to their staff about a past American practice called good customer service.

• Visited August 2014
4 Thank Reviewer586
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
“Dinner and the beach sunset”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

The Mucky Duck has outdoor seating and allows you access to the beach both before and after your dinner. We watched the sunset and it was beautiful. However, do not abuse the privilege and try to park there for a day at the beach. I loved that they had a wash basin for your feet so you did not track sand into the restaurant.
Our server was very knowledgeable about the food and made recommendations when I could not make up my mind. Her choices were spot on and both my food and my son's was delicious. I would eat here again in a minute.

• Visited August 2014
Florida
“Very average”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Dined in the evening after sunset, so no views. Food very average, nothing to rush back for but possibly better to visit during daylight hours, as they have nice outside seating, which is no good in the dark, as you will get bitten to bits.
May return to try in the daylight hours.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank Sushine123
roslyn, new york
“Sunset”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

A busy restaurant, but while you wait you can sit at benches, have drinks from the outside bar and listen to music(while we were there). The sunset off the beach there is spectacular . They have a beer and wine license, but served mixed lower alcohol content drinks that were great. I had a cream soda cocktail. The food was good and good portions, not huge. Prices were fair for the island

Visited August 2014