“Awesome.”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 20 November 2013

My fiance and I dined here on our last day of vacation. I had the filet mignon and he had the grilled lobster tail. The food was amazing. It defintiely was one of our favorite stops the whole trip. We would have loved to have dessert, but were too full! Can't wait to go back again! :)

Write a ReviewReviews (1,637)

Reviewed 18 November 2013

This was my favorite meal on our vacation. The food was excellent and our waitress was wonderful. I wish I'd had room for dessert because I'm sure it would have been delicious!

Reviewed 15 November 2013

While on a girlfriend trip to Sanibel we stopped here for lunch after a driving tour of the island. The tiled incline was beautiful. The view was great and while we were eating another customer came in announcing there was a manatee in front of the deck. It was gone by the time we went out but nice to know they are there. Our waitress was nice and attentive. The food was fresh and delicious. We all enjoyed the trip!

Reviewed 13 November 2013

We were staying on Sanibel for a long weekend and drove all the way out to the Green Flash specifically because they were the only restaurant website in the area we found that said they had stone crabs. The drive through Captiva was very nice and the restaurant was easy to find - when you come around a bend, you are looking right at the side of the building with the huge logo on the side. We stopped for lunch. First, the view is very nice - the seating is tiered so even if you don't sit right at the windows (we didn't), you are up high enough to still have a great view. Our waiter was prompt and nice enough, but we were sad to learn that the stone crab was gone. I should have thought about it more since it was a Sunday and they likely hadn't gotten a new shipment that weekend. Two in our party ordered the fish tacos - overflowing with two types of fish (tilapia and grouper). The chips and salsa on the side seemed to just be out of the bag/jar. I had the Green Flash sandwich - served panini style, with meats and cheeses on a foccacia bread, pressed. It came with cole slaw and potato chips. It was good, but nothing memorable. Overall, it was good for a simple lunch. The price was right and the view was relaxing. Not sure I'd plan a return visit.

1  Thank TXGirl2001
Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

Service was impeccable and the food was excellent! Highly recommend for your visit to Captivia! Highly above expectations!