“Great fish dish”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I'm glad we didn't read the reviews before dining here! We didn't want to wait >1 hr for the Mucky Duck and followed a car to the Greenflash. Great location with 2nd floor windowed dining room overlooking the bay. We both ordered the catch of the day which was Pompano. It was excellent- great sauce (butter, lemon, white wine) on the fish, huge portions (looked like 4 filets) -my husband was happy to eat half of my fish. Loved the potatoes au gratin (almost like scalloped potatoes, thinly sliced, layered, with some cheese on top and baked). Veg were almost al dente (a bit soft but tasty). The catch of the day cost $25.00 which is reasonably priced for the area. I had a California merlot (Beringer)- not very good - my bad for not choosing the Reserve wine from Beringer.

All in all we found the food excellent as was the service. Not sure why our experience was so much better that the other people who reviewed this place.

There are newer reviews for Green Flash

Reviewed 18 June 2014

It is a shame this restaurant can't get the good right. It has some of the best views on Captiva. We used to try it every visit, and they never failed to disappoint, whether by bad service or very underwhelming food. We have vowed to quit trying since there are so many other excellent places to eat. Wish they would get it figured out.

1  Thank Debeatle
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Beautiful view, horrible food, the worst service I've ever experienced. My suggestion: go somewhere else!!!

2  Thank Fishfreakish
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We have not been here in a number of years since we moved out of Florida and when we went back it was as good as ever...maybe better. We had just had overpriced Grouper a couple of nights before this meal and the dish at The Green Flash was larger, better tasting and $13.00 less expensive.

Everyone in our party of six thought their dish was delish and we had a combination of new items and some tried and true favorites. I'm so happy to see that they are getting better with the years and can't wait to go back. It was the best meal of our week cruising the West Coast

1  Thank mcbiles
Reviewed 15 June 2014

After reading about the acclaimed Swiss chef and owner, we decided to give it a try. We've vacationed in Captiva for many years and had high hopes for the restaurant. I ordered the cafe de Paris grouper and my husband had the stuffed grouper. Fish was overcooked. They offered to take mine back and the second version was better, but still overdone. The spatzle was good, but the vegetables uninspiring. We asked if the chef was in the house and were informed he is only there for lunch - occasionally. No wonder.....