“Sea Bass to die for”
Review of Captiva House

Captiva House
Reserve with OpenTable
Captiva House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$12 - US$35
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 2 miles north of Blind Pass Bridge
Description: Welcome to the historic, award-winning Captiva House Restaurant, Gulf-front at the legendary, historic 'Tween Waters Inn Island Resort & Spa. We invite you to sample our delicious New Florida cuisine, served with our gorgeous Captiva Island sunsets. Come, feast your eyes and your appetites tonight.
Fort Myers, Florida
“Sea Bass to die for”
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Friend and I had a most memorable dinner of Sea Bass , exquisitly prepared, moist and flavorful - Chef visited table and shared his culinary tips with us. Service was impeccable! Will return without doubt.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank debzdesign

Joplin, Missouri
“Like a trip to 'Old Florida'!”
Reviewed 17 November 2013

We celebrated my nephew's 21st birthday here and had some of the best crab bisque and scallops ever. They know how to make the traditional cocktails and they know what fine dining and excellent service is all about. We were there during a thunderstorm and the atmosphere, well, we wanted to stay all night! The creme brulee was to die for and it was one of the best dining experiences we have ever had in south Florida (or anywhere for that matter!).

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Serena D
Parkland, Florida
“Excellent meal”
Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

This place is consistently good. The best gourmet food on Captiva. Worthy of any big city gourmet restaurant . The blue crab bisque was to die for. The rack of beautifully prepared. Try the Plungerhead wine, a real find. Ahi tuna appetizer very tasty. Chef Jason is a secret hidden in an island paradise! Gourmet food in paradise!

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Louis Y
Salt Lake City
“#1? Really?”
Reviewed 15 November 2013

We were excited to learn that we were staying at the resort which boasted the #1 Trip Advisor restaurant on Captiva, until we tried it out.

Our appetizer was great- crab cakes with corn salsa. We shared an order of crab bisque- also excellent. Bread was excellent, especially the olive bread, with terrific spices for olive oil and dipping. However, it went downhill from there. The main dishes were disappointing for both my wife and me. She had the Sesame Ahi, which turned out to have a sweet maple sauce on it. The fish itself was tough, difficult to cut and chew, inferior to cuts that we obtain from our grocer at home. My dish was chicken puttanesca, which was deep fried (?) and cut in strips like a fast food salad. Entrees were mostly in the $25-30 range al a carte, with appetizers/salads/soups extra. Service was above average, not great.

We specifically requested our reservation to coincide with the sunset, but it was nearly hidden from view due to a cabin situated in front of the dining room, and it will not be visible at all within a few days for the next couple of months, as the sunset moves further south.

This may be the best restaurant on Captiva, but we have not tried any others yet. However, based on past experience with numerous great restaurants at home and on vacation, this would not be in our top third! So, lower your expectations a bit, bring a full wallet, and you'll be fine.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank vnmystr
Atlantic City, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“By far the best meal I've eaten anywhere”
Reviewed 15 November 2013

I took my family to the very nice Tween Waters Inn resort last week for a getaway from New Jersey. We had dinner at the Old Captiva House on Saturday and I have to say, hands down, our family had the best meal we have ever had anywhere! I don't usually write reviews but I had to this time. Everything from being initially greeted by the property's food & beverage manager Jason Miller, the excellent service by Eric and a truly incredible meal from the freshest ingredients uniquely created by Chef Jason Miller (yes both have the same name), our experience will be remembered for many years to come. I had the pompano piccata, my wife had the filet mignon and my daughters had the duck and eggplant entrees. Great selection of fine wines and my favorite IPAs. Make no mistake: this is not a resort that happens to have a nice restaurant. The Old Captiva House is a very fine restaurant that happens to have the Tween Waters Inn attached! I can't wait to come back down!
Tim B.