“Really good food and live music”

RC Otter's Island Eats
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed 21 May 2014

My wife and I dined here for both dinner & breakfast this past weekend. Both meals were really good! We stayed next door at the Captiva Island Inn so the restaurant was maybe thirty to forty steps from our cottage to this establishment.

For dinner we tried the clams pot with veggies as an appy and it was really good. For entrees, my wife has some sort of fish which she really enjoyed and I had the fajitas which were surprisingly good. The gentleman that they hired for live music was really talented and the music absolutely added to the overall charm.

We went there for breakfast the next morning and the food was equally as good. We both went with the stuffed french toast (stuffed with a ham omelet) and it was really tasty!

The service on both occasions was adequate/good and we will be back.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,456)

Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

I loved this place. The grouper was amazing and my bf loved his chicken tenders. The prices were so affordable, especially since everything else in the area is so expensive. Great live music during lunch. Pleasant experience.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

My wife and I had dinner at RC Otters (the food and service were average) the bill came to $34.96 but RC Otters ran my card for $41.95. My bank sends me a text message every time my card is debited so I knew instantly I had been over charged.

When I asked the waiter why the bill was one amount but the actual charge was much more his excuse was “the charge card company was holding out more money because of the tip”. I paid with a DEBIT card, I have used this card at restaurants hundreds of times and I’ve NEVER had the totals not match. Most tourists don’t check their actual charges at the table so stealing from them is easy.

1  Thank rocketxx2
Reviewed 9 May 2014

This place opens early for breakfast, even the bar! Their Bloody Mary is delish. The breakfast menu is vast and filling for a great price. We ate outside every morning. The tables are covered with paper and the kiddies get crayons. The staff is super laid back and friendly, especially with the kids. The waiter even offered free to go cups of coffee. Skip the buffet breakfast at your resort and eat here!

Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

We had a sunset cruise scheduled so we entered this place to get a few drinks beforehand. Great crew working. Kyle, the bartender, was very knowledgeable of all the beer that was on hand. Our cruise got cancelled, so we came back. We had the best raw oysters that we've ever had!! Then they had a chai tea beer that was great. It was a great time at this place.

1  Thank Erick N