“Loved it”

Price range: US$15 - US$20
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Loved the experience at Otter's. Although most restaurants close earlier, Otter's stays open until 10:00 p.m. which we needed on the particular day we went. Most reasonably priced food of all the restaurants we went to, and the food was good. Although the paper tablecloths and crayons may be geared to younger patrons, our family with older kids had a good time reverting back to our childhoods by drawing! Building is "beachy" and we had a great time.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,477)

Reviewed 6 June 2014

We enjoyed eating on the patio here. The food was really good. We all had sandwiches that were great tasting, portioned well and were reasonably priced. Live music is a bonus!

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Friendly service, nice menu, fun décor. Our breakfast arrived quickly with a nice presentation. It was hot and tasty. The blueberry granola pancakes tasted so good with the blueberry sauce. My husband thoroughly enjoyed his Belgian Waffle.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

So we came to Sanibel/Captiva for the first time for our Spring/Summer vacation. With one more day of vacation left, we celebrated a family dinner at RCO's. It's the only meal that we ate out at either of the island's this week, and of all of the choices, I kind of wish now I would have chosen one of the other options. My wife and I split one of the "Bountiful Baskets" It was the Crunchy Fish Basket, which according to the server it was grouper. I took a quarter of it, and put on my plate. When the dishes were taken after the meal, the quarter (minus 2 bites) was still on my plate. The menu says it's the local's favorite. Seriously? Come on locals, you really need to get out more. We sent more than half of it back, and the waiter seemed very courteous to "make it right" as he walked away to get us a complementary piece of keylime pie. One final major disappointment, and then I will end with some positives. When the bill came, 2 kids meals, 2 "bountiful baskets", 1 artichoke crab dip, 1 bowl of lobster bisque, 1 shrimp linguini, 1 margarita, 1 draft, 4 beverages, and one (not complementary) keylime pie, came to $106 and some change. We were also charged for a bean/rice combo that we did not order, so I asked that it be taken off. I would assume that $106 - $6.99 would equal, something south of $100 at least. The bill came back, and it was $105. Mr. server states something like, "I didn't charge you for the lobster bisque, so I had to add that back in. Hmmm, I didn't have a "copy" of the original receipt to contest it, but I see they weren't about "making it right" at that point. Just these few things seemed a little shady and mediocre to me. Almost like this waiter had to make the bill $100 bucks to hit a quota, either for himself or for the restaurant. The draft was $6.00 for a warm domestic too. I'm sorry that I can't give a better review. I will say this though, the lobster bisque and keylime pie definitely get some props. The frozen Margarita was good, but very light on the tequila. If you are looking at all of your dinner options between the two beaches, you can probably scratch this one off of your list. They not only "didn't make it right", they "made it wrong". Oh, the light acoustic guitar entertainer did help keep the mood upbeat though.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Very casual island vacation venue. The grouper was so delicious. Good slaw and the beer list is compressive. Wear casual island clothes. Expect a fun night with good food.