“room”

Motel 6 North Fort Myers
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Review collected in partnership with Knights Inn
knightsinnfortmyersf, Webmaster at Motel 6 North Fort Myers, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Reviewed 25 March 2014

We booked in for two nights without seeing the room. Big mistake. The first room smelt to bad of mould that we could not stay in it. The second room stank of cigarettes even though it was a non smoking room. The faults were many - No toilet door, big holes in the curtains, marks on the door where someone had been trying to break in, filthy carpet and to top it all people tried our door at 1:30am in the morning.
We left the next day and asked for our money back for the second night.

This motel is unsanitary and unsafe - don't stay here

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
2  Thank jaggynettles

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments. I’m very sorry that you did not find our accommodations a good combination of value, comfort and amenities. Many guests are completely satisfied, but I sincerely apologize that we did not meet your standards. Our goal is 100 percent satisfaction, and I’m glad we could provide a refund of the second night so you could find accommodations that were more to your liking.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

1  Thank John S
knightsinnfortmyersf, Webmaster at Motel 6 North Fort Myers, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Reviewed 18 March 2014

Our room was disgusting. Blood stains on bed covers, no blankets, just that unwashed coverlet thing that all hotels use, but not an actual blanket. Floors were filthy, mini fridge was disgusting, human fluids all over bathroom floor. The room also smelled horrible. But after driving 1200 miles, we were too tired to try and find another hotel, so we sucked it up. Around 4 am, a large group of construction workers, working for ab&b contractors, gathered outside our hotel window and started to drink. After a few hours of them carrying on, drinking, using the "n" word freely and literally banging beer bottles on on the sidewalk outside out door. I stepped outside and politely asked them of they could keep it down, they immediately threatened me and became very aggressive. I called the front desk and asked for assistance. The young man obviously had no intention to help me. I assume that he had become friends with the construction workers, because they were staying at that knights inn for multiple weeks.
I asked for a manager number, he told me he was the manager.
I asked for the franchise owner or a corporate number, the young man told me he was the owner. He also told me that it was the construction workers right to be able to drink in public and threaten a paying customer.
I was told that we would not receive a discount or even an apology for our experience. He would also not give me his name. He was working the night shift on Monday night/Tuesday morning 3-14-2014.
(When we had checked in, he was working the desk with bare feet...thought that was pretty funny)
After a few phone calls to the office, begging for assistance, we decided to call the police in order to safely leave our hotel. It was 8:30 am and the drunk construction workers were still drinking and becoming increasingly aggressive and violent. As soon as the police came, we quickly told them the situation and left.
If you value your life and money, I strongly advise against giving this company your patronage.
Sleeping in a car or the walmart bathroom may be a better way to spend a night.
After fees and taxes, the total cost for our room was about $110.
My boyfriend and I are professionals in the service industry. We decided to move to fort myers for a career opportunity.
I will be spreading the word about ab&b contractors, knights inn ft myers and the knights inn hotels in general.
It was the single worst customer service and over all hotel experience I have ever had.
There's been serious complaints about this location for a lengthily amount of time..but obviously the mgmt doesn't know what they're doing. You're establishment gives tourism in Ft Myers a bad image. Ft Myers needs tourism to generate income to pay for public services and employees.

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Victoria7657

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lengthy comments. While there’s no point in responding to any specific points or allegations, I am most sincerely sorry that your experience at our hotel was less than perfect. That’s simply unacceptable. We strive for 100 percent customer satisfaction and obviously failed you in this case. If you have any unresolved issues, you’re welcome to contact me to resolve them.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Knights Inn
knightsinnfortmyersf, Webmaster at Motel 6 North Fort Myers, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Reviewed 6 March 2014

We were given keys to 3 different rooms and here's the results:
Room #1: All of the Amenities including the TV and bed linens and bathroom linens were missing from the room.

Room #2: Partially blocking the door to our room was a pile of trash maybe 4 + feet tall. Our room SMELLED HORRIBLY and it was disgusting. NOT CLEAN AT ALL!

Room #3: Someone had used it for a DOG KENNEL and the room wreaked of dog urine and feces. We made the Hotel spray the room to attempt to stay but, then we couldn't breath in the room.

WE LEFT and did not stay another minute at that Hotel.

We did however stay long enough to watch all of the rest of the people who were trying to rent a room and they were experiencing the same thing.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Charles F
knightsinnfortmyersf, Webmaster at Motel 6 North Fort Myers, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. While we rarely experience problems with finding a satisfactory room for a guest, one or two from every couple hundred guests expresses dissatisfaction, and that’s still unacceptable to me. My goal is 100 percent customer satisfaction. I sincerely apologize that we did not meet your needs, and I hope you found a comfortable night’s sleep elsewhere.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Arrived on time and no room was ready. I was up graded to a room that was not cleaned or serviced, then finally put in a room that met my original requirements!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

I’m glad we were able to meet your needs. I’m sorry a room wasn’t available when you arrived. We strive to be ready on time, and we simply won’t rent a room that isn’t ready. That’s never acceptable to us. We hope for 100 percent customer satisfaction, and I sincerely apologize for not meeting your needs quickly and efficiently.

Also consider these accommodations in or near North Fort Myers
Best Western Fort Myers Waterfront
Best Western Fort Myers Waterfro...
#1 of 4 in North Fort Myers
Travelodge Fort Myers
#48 of 59 in Fort Myers
Hampton Inn & Suites Cape Coral/Fort Myers Area
Hideaway Waterfront Resort & Hotel

Been to Motel 6 North Fort Myers? Share your experiences!