“Affordable, considering the area”

Best Western Plus Windsor Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in North Miami
Davie, Florida
“Affordable, considering the area”
Reviewed 22 August 2014

I recently moved from Central Florida down to the Miami area, and needed a hotel to stay for a night before I moved into my rental. My new boss recommended this one, as it was one of the cheaper ones that was only a few minutes from my job. The hotel was very clean, and the staff were polite and professional. The bed was quite comfortable, and the hotel was surprisingly quiet. did hear a few doors slam now and then, but that's to be expected, particularly in a tourist area, as people come and go. The wireless internet had a good connection.

For me, it was fine for a single night stay. The cost was a little more than I would like to pay, but given that many of the lower-costing hotels in the area are in neighborhoods I don't care to go through, it was a sacrifice I was willing to make.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank mathdaddy
B W, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Windsor Inn, responded to this review, 20 September 2014
Dear Mathdaddy:

Welcome to South Florida! Thank you for choosing our hotel while you relocated to the Miami area, we are pleased you did. We are happy to hear your stay was comfortable. We also hope you will recommend our hotel to family and friends who will come visit you.

Best Western PLUS Windsor Inn.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Reviewed 18 August 2014

My girlfriend and I recently stayed at this hotel during the first week of august 2014. We arrived a few hours before check in and asked if we could check in early. They were very nice and allowed us to check in early. When we got to the room we noticed it was very clean and updated (I had stayed at the hotel a few years ago and it had not been updated at that time). It had a nice big screen tv in the room and modern furniture. The bathroom was clean and the bed was comfortable. The staff was very friendly and always had the room clean and inviting for us when we got back to the room at night. Hotel is close to amenities and not far from the beach. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Sean R,

Thank you for staying again with us. We are glad we were able to exceed your expectations and we were able to check you in early. It was a pleasure to know you enjoyed and liked or new and improved facilities.

We hope to see you soon in the near future.

Best Western PLUS Windsor Inn
Miami, United States
Reviewed 18 August 2014

The hotel smelled like mildew from the time you enter into the door of the lobby all the way into your room. Our room was not made up. The beds were not made, nor was the dirty towels cleaned up. When we called the service desk, we were given clean towels after the we called two times.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

B W, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Windsor Inn, responded to this review, 31 August 2014
Dear MR Donald M,

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations, specially not cleaning your room while you were away. We can assure you that we have taken corrective measurements to make sure incidents like this do not happen again. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.

Once again we apologize for any inconvenience during your stay.

Speightstown, Barbados
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I always have a very comfortable stay at this hotel. Over the years, I have come to know a number of the staff, and they have come to know me on sight. The atmosphere is always welcoming and friendly. Bear in mind that usually when I visit, it is at the end of summer when students and parents are in town for the start of the fall semester, but even though things are usually hectic at this time, the service is excellent nonetheless. I would definitely recommend this hotel to any of my friends. Of note are the major improvements to the fitness area (mini gym), even though I did not on this visit take the opportunity to use it. By the way, this hotel is well situated on Biscayne Boulevard, with great nearby shopping and within easy driving distance of Aventura Mall. For those taking public transport, the No. 3 bus to Aventura passes directly opposite the hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank Sherlock B
Dear Sherlock B,

We are always happy to see you back at our hotel. We are glad our staff makes you feel so welcome when you’re visiting the Miami area. Thank you for your kind words and we hope you get to use our new and improved fitness center next time you stay with us. As always, we look forward to seeing you again!

Grove City, Florida
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I had booked thru Orbitz and there was a mix up. Tangela went above and beyond to straighten things out. I spent a long time on the phone with Orbitz but Tangela was able to fix it... and fast!
Thank you so much for your excellent service!

Room Tip: Had a room on the main floor not far from the lobby and it was clean and quite.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Ruth S,

We appreciate your kind words. I am sorry to hear your reservation was mix up by Orbitz.com, we are however elated our night auditor Tangela was able to fix it for you promptly. Tangela sends her regards, as she was happy to help. She also thanks you very much for the written letter you sent her via mail, she is very appreciative.

We hope we get to see you soon!

Orlando, United States
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Hotel was clean, quiet, conveniently located to restaurants, supermarkets & stores. Staff was courteous & friendly. We stayed here while attending an orientation at JWU and this hotel is right around the corner from there so it was very conveniently located for our visit. We plan on staying here again when we come back to help our child move into his dorm.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Carlos B,

Thank you for writing such a nice review. We are so happy to hear we were able to accommodate your needs while at orientation at Johnson & Wales University. We are also glad you have enjoyed our location. We hope to see you soon when your son moves into his new dorm!

Customers service
Michigan, United States
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I went for my daughters college tour and was not thrilled about staying in a hotel, but the staff wa exceptinally nice, the food was decent and most importantly the room was clean with an excellent view of Miami. I was able to relax and digest the thought of how expensive my daughters college tution was going to be. One good thing was the school was walking distance from the college so whenever I visit, Best Western River Plus will be my first choice. Great Experience, the Miami staff need to go to Chicago and teach the River Plus Chicago location a few things about cleanliness and customer service. Overall Expeience, Great! 5 Stars!!!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

B W, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Windsor Inn, responded to this review, 16 August 2014
Dear Lazonja S,

Thank you very much for taking the time of your busy schedule to write this review. We appreciate your kind words towards our staff and are happy to know your stay was to your satisfaction. We value your feedback. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Best Western PLUs Windsor Inn
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Miami
Residence Inn by Marriott Miami Beach Surfside
Best Western On The Bay Inn & Marina
Best Western On The Bay Inn & Ma...
#1 of 1 in North Bay Village
Best Western Plus Hollywood/Aventura
Hampton Inn Hallandale Beach/Aventura
Sun Harbour Boutique Hotel
Courtyard by Marriott Miami Aventura Mall

Been to Best Western Plus Windsor Inn? Share your experiences!