“good food”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Port of Spain, Trinidad
“good food”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

this branch of Little Havana is a little old, the view through the glass windows is not particularly pretty unless you like seeing cats like i do. Had a 6pm dinner so the place was very quiet. Our dinner options we kept simple with the beans, rice plantain on the side. For what we ordered portion sizes were good (see pics). All meal options were well prepared and tasty.Their lime (original) mojito is very well made, their red sangria is a bit on the sweet side. The dessert menu pics and descriptions don't exactly match so read the menu carefully and ask about portion sizes as some may serve 2 persons (see pics). Our waiter was very friendly and willing to please. Our total bill for 4 persons main course, drinks and dessert was reasonable.

• Visited June 2014

North Miami, Florida
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I was not happy to see a big dead cockroach on a floor after eaten my meal, but I was more disappointed by the reaction of the manager. He tried to convinced to me that it was some type of palmetto water bug; he offered more appetizer except to comped my meal. I will not go back. Too bad I really like the food, and the manager's action didn't help.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Teddy P
North Miami, Florida
“horrible”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Someone must of paid for all these five stars reviews,seriously!!!!. If not these people can come to our house to taste real cuban flavor:)Without a doubt the most horrible Cuban restaurant ever. The waiter was very nice,the rest of the staff very serious looking and unfriendly. The ox tail was soft ,but the sauce was overcooked to the point of almost being bitter,the black beans had NO taste. My husband's breaded steak tasted very bland, without any flavor. The portions were very small, even for me and I hardly ever finish my meals no matter how delicious.It was expensive for Cuban food and specially for the very poor quality.The food was only slightly warm.I had tried this place many years ago,thought it would be different, and it was, it's even worse. Trust me, don't eat there. There is a glass wall where there was a water fountain one, now cats roam around what looks like a dessert background with some small plant.Everything is old and in need of repair.Warning.

• Visited May 2014
New York City, New York
“Tasty cuban food!”
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

I found this restaurant online and had to check it out after reading the positive reviews out there. This place will not disappoint you, the service is good and knowledgeable staff with any questions about the menu. The food is very good and felt satisfied after I was done. A good find I hope to visit again when I'm in town.

Columbia, South Carolina, United States
“Authentic Cuban Food”
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

We traveled to Miami for a cruise and found this place online. None of us have had Cuban food previously and we were delighted with the sampler Appetizer platter and enjoyed the white bean soup! The Roasted pork and black beans and rice were tasty as well. Good fine and worth the drive!

Visited April 2014