“Make to order”

Hong Kong Noodles
Price range: US$0 - US$15
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

The menu did not indicate any of the authentic chinese dishes we usually desire, so we asked if the cook would prepare for us special dishes and they accepted. My wife, a vegitarian, asked to have garlic sprouts with tufo, and I took a chance and orders sweet and sour fish. We where pleasantly amazed. The cook prepared my wife's dish as if it was homemade, and I got a complete fried fish with authentic sweet and sour sauce made from fresh pineapples. ( No sugar added and not the usual american fast food tast). We had to pay a bit extra, but it was worth it.

Reviewed 14 December 2013 via mobile

This used to be my favorite Chinese restaurant when visiting Miami. Since last year the ownership has changed and the taste has declined horribly. The dim sum was poorly served, in the wrong order and totally pedestrian.

Reviewed 26 June 2012

After having written a very positive review a couple of months ago, my husband and I returned to Hong Kong Gardens. It was now under new ownership and the entire experience has degraded. Ther service was slow- only one waitress during lunch time. The food came out all together, not the typical dim-sum procedure. The quality of the dim-sum was good, but not great. We tried ordering from the regular menu, shrimp with lobster sauce. It came out warm, shrimp was not cooked through and the taste, well, we didn't eat it. I am sad to say that I will not return, as it was a reliably good dim-sum restaurant.

Reviewed 11 March 2012

My wife is an ABC, so quite frequently she needs to have some “home cooking” comfort food. We’ve been here over the past several years. The last two times was under the current ownership. Back in January everything we ordered was on par. Last night however, we were disappointed. Even the duck was disappointing. The only thing I truly enjoyed was two dim sum dishes: shrimp and chives dumpling and the steamed bows (pork buns). The winter greens vegetable dish was excellent. The pan fried noodles with fresh pork was below average. The pork and mushrooms were tough and tasteless.

This place is geared towards the Asian crowd which was precisely the reason we were here. The floor was very sticky which sometime I understand but NOT when the restaurant is almost empty. There was enough staff hanging around that someone should have done something to take care of the floor.

I'll be back to try when under new ownership again.

Reviewed 29 December 2011

I have been going to H.K. N. for several years and several reasons, including authentic Chinese cuisine and 90% Asian patrons. Restaurant has been gutted, no more hanging ducks behind glass, nor live lobsters in tanks, but the food, especially dim sum is especially delicious. We always order more so we can have it the next day.

4  Thank Jtraveler01