“Not the Morton's of yesterday year!”

Morton's The Steakhouse - North Miami Beach
Reserve with OpenTable
Morton's The Steakhouse - North Miami Beach is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 173rd
Colorado
“Not the Morton's of yesterday year!”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

My husband and I have been going to Morton's for years...all over the country, by the way. This is the first time I felt we were being frowned upon. What, not enough bling?
We tried the restaurant twice hoping the staff would allow us to relax over dinner and savor our meal. This was not the case. My son was in on leave from the Coast Guard, and we wanted to celebrate over great food in a great space. Our steak was good, but slightly over cooked. Our sides were tepid.
Bring back your standard of excellence, for everyone who walks thru your door!

• Visited February 2014

• Turkish first
miami
“Average”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Not a place I'd call "romantic" but the service was good and the food was tasty. Great place for a group of friends looking for a place to grab a drink and good steak.

• Visited August 2013
Miami, Florida
“Waste of money”
Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

Came on a Friday night. Glass of wine sent back. Bottle have been open for days. Tasted as vinegar. Fish ordered by one was very fishy tasting and spoiled. Ribeye ordered by me was mediocre. I've had better it Lonestar. Disappointing because I used to love Morton's. It was always a special place. Now just very expensive without a special experience.

Boston suburbs
“Totally Ordinary ”
Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

This is an expensive place and I had hoped for more of an experience.  Once seated, we were tackled by the bread delivery person, the water person and the waiter, , , with a pen and paper in hand and promptly asked what we wanted for dinner?  We had not even picked up the menu yet?

He went away and was unhappy for the rest of the night.  Maybe he's used to a lot of return customers that might know what to order, but we had no clue?  He did hand us a small cardboard list of "specials", something you see at Applebee's or other franchises!

The dinner, steak, potatoes, asparagus and desert were excellent, the experience was average, the price was high, but as expected.

With a 7:00pm reservation, we seated immediately and the experience (or lack of it) was over and out the door by 8:00.  That's fast food territory.

1 Thank bim55
Miramar, Florida
“Disappointed is putting it mildly”
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Having been to Morton's in Chicago, I automatically assumed that this restaurant would be on par.....I was so wrong. You had to fight your way through 2 sets of doors wondering if you are at the right place; this was certainly not very welcoming at all.

The restaurant could certainly do with a face lift. Our party of 5 were placed in a spill over room which I assumed was hastily set up for large parties with badly behaving children and other guests that you may want to hide away.

The place was filled with waiters who all appeared to be running around like headless chickens except for the young lady who served us our wine. Our lobster bisque was cold, which fitted in with our summation of the evening. My tuna tacos may have tasted better if they were from "Taco Bell". Our overall impression of the food was no more than a 3 out of 10.

This place may have been good at one point in time and just going downhill fast. This is one restaurant that I would never go back to.

• Visited February 2014