“Good for those who do NOT eat a lot of meat.”
Review of Area Code 55

Area Code 55
Price range: US$20 - US$30
Cuisines: Brazilian, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 163 ST
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I have been to Area Code 55 on several occasions.
It is your standard Churrascaria, with nice seating, a cold bar containing a variety of cheese, salads, and other food items, the expected sugar-coated banana and little cheese bread-rolls, and of course, a few employees bringing skewers of meat to the tables where there is a card facing green-side up.
That is, the employees bring skewers of meat to your table for a limited amount of time, no matter what side of the card is facing up.
They SAY it is all you care to eat, but their actions 'speak' otherwise.
EVERY time I have been there, after a barrage of meat skewers have been presented to the table for 30 - 45 minutes, they stop! 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 15 minutes, 20 minutes ... NO MORE MEAT! What happened? They tell you the meat is unlimited, the card is green-side up - but no more meat!
And like I said, this happened EVERY time I have been there.
It is not until you get an employee's attention and demand more meat, that they bring more out to you.

Everything about the restaurant is fine, EXCEPT this one thing ... the most important thing ... the thing that influenced you to decide to eat at THIS restaurant.

The reason I have reluctantly gone back from time to time (months apart), is because my g/f's daughter absolutely loves this place, and she will be treated to this place for lunch on occasion.

If they were to properly conduct their meat service as-promoted, where I am NOT inconvenienced and required to demand they provide to me what they promised, then we would eat there much more often; and, I am confident they would have a lot more frequent, repeat customers besides us as well.
Until that might happen, Outback Steakhouse is only a mile down the road and sees us quite often. And we have never been disappointed with a filet mignon from there.

2  Thank AndrewJ5267

Reviewed 6 May 2014

We went to this restaurant with a few friends last week to celebrate a birthday. We were skeptical about a buffet style dinner at first but had heard good things about Area Code 55. We were pleasantly surprised to find a nice, clean and inviting restaurant. The food was outstanding. The buffet options to accompany your meat were very diverse and tasty. The meat was served to your liking and again very tasty. Although the food was good, what impressed us the most was the level of service. Our server, Daniel Barentios, was excellent. He was professional, cordial and kind. He was very attentive to our needs and made sure we were well taken care of. He made us feel at home. I couldn't believe we could get this kind of service in a buffet style restaurant. I highly recommend dinner at this restaurant. You won't be disappointed by the buffet options, the meats and most importantly, the service. If you go, request Daniel as your server. You will not be disappointed. Enjoy!!

Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

I'm not a meat-eater or a all you can eat lover. I just don't go to places like this. I'm writing this review only because of how delicious everything was,how clean everything was and how great the service was. The food was yummy and plentiful and I would come back here in a heartbeat !

Reviewed 8 April 2014

First time going to this place. Service is nice, but you need to be familiar with the ritual: eat salads first and save room for the meats. More expensive than your regular buffet restaurant. Food selection is good: salads, cold cuts and of course the meats. No fresh fruit today was offered. Desert and drinks are extra. Gratuity is already included.

Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

Without a doubt the best place to eat in North Miami Beach
The food was fantastic, the service superb and the price...worth every penny!

1  Thank Kmdeibler