“Slow and refused to work with a large group.”

Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Official Sports Grill of your favorite Florida teams.
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We were part of a very large group (20-25) in town for a wedding. Someone suggested Duffy's, as it was waterfront and would be a great place for a lot of people.

We walked in to the restaurant and no one was at the hostess stand. It took over 15 minutes for anyone to come. Once they did, they immediately said, "We cannot move tables. So, we will seat you where we have availability". My father owned a few restaurants and understands the workings. He tried to see if they would even bring tables together to make a few parties of 8 throughout the restaurant, but the answer was no. It wasn't super crowded. Most of their crowd was finishing up/leaving, and it just didn't make sense why they were almost trying to get us all to leave.

We finally sat in groups of four, in the seats throughout the restaurant, and then the servers told us they had been instructed to have us pay one bill, as we came in as a large party. Let's just say that didn't go over so well, as we weren't even with our party.

Great key lime pie.

John S, Manager at Duffy's Sports Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Thank you for your review. We sincerely apologize. We would like to hear more about your experience in hopes we can learn from this. We will be sending you a private message and look forward to hearing back from you.

There are newer reviews for Duffy's Sports Grill

Reviewed 8 May 2014

I visited this restaurant with a friend. Good news: two for one beer - a bargain. Bad news: I ordered fish and chips. I have seldom been disappointed with this choice. At Duffys, the fish was coated with a massive amount of batter. You could not even taste the fish. I tried to find the fish under the nasty tasting batter, but that was tasteless as well. They need to send the chef to learn how to make this simple dish. French fries were limp and tasteless. The only thing I could eat was the side ceasar salad. Other menu choices were not appealing. I expected fish and chips to be a safe choice.

John S, Manager at Duffy's Sports Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Hi Helen. Thank you very much for the valuable feedback. We hope to learn more from you. We have sent you a private message asking for more details.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

We ate at Duffys on a Sunday night in April. No major sporting events were on. We had a party of 8. We asked to sit outside on the water but were told there was an "hour wait". We were the only people in the lobby by the hostess stand or that appeared to be waiting anywhere. We then said, okay we will eat inside as it was getting late. We were told "40 minutes to an hour for a table of 8" or they could sit us at two four tops right away. We said okay to the two tables.

Needless to say we walked past two huge empty sections of tables. While the dining room was busy, I wouldn't say it was anywhere near the level that would call for a one hour wait. We were further miffed by the 2 wide open tables on the water and the 2 others that were empty and needed bussing. We again inquired about outside but were given the same "one hour" wait.

Our drinks took about 15 minutes to arrive after ordered and the draft beer was lukewarm probably from sitting out for that long. It took awhile for our food to arrive as well. I will say that the food was hot and as ordered and was good, but by then we were all put off by the whole situation. Very disappointing if you want to eat on the water.

John S, Manager at Duffy's Sports Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Thank you for your review. We sincerely apologize for your experience. We would like to hear more in hopes we can learn from this. We will be sending you a private message and look forward to hearing back from you.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

I recently visited Duffy's with my boyfriend on Friday night. Understandably it was a very busy night because of a Miami Heat game, but service could have been way better. We were told we would have to wait an hour for seating and when my boyfriend asked about the outdoor seating, preferably the inter-coastal area, we were advised that " they think it was closed" yet there was another table of people sitting there and it was only around 9 pm. My boyfriend was determined for us to get a seat and service so he spoke with a Gerardo, who told us we can sit there. Gerardo then brought us menus and advised a waitress to serve us in that area. We noticed that she kept coming back and forth to serve the other table yet did not even acknowledge us once and after waiting over a half an hour, my boyfriend decided to get up and speak with Gerardo again. Gerardo was amazing. He came to our table himself and gave us the best and most personable service ever. We were planning on eating dinner, but because the appetizers were so horrible we decided to not wait another whole hour or more to place an order. The drinks were just okay, nothing special. On a positive note, the inter-coastal seating was absolutely stunning and thanks to Gerardo it at least ended in a very special and private moment for my boyfriend and me. It is a good thing I am mesmerized by my boyfriend because I was starving and would have been very upset otherwise. Anyhow, Gerardo went above and beyond to accommodate us. He was very understanding and always remained very patient and friendly. His service is definitely commendable!

John S, Manager at Duffy's Sports Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Let me be the first to apologize for your experience. We take full responsibility for this and would like to know more. We have sent you a private message and hope to hear from you at your convenience. I will also be passing along this praise regarding Gerardo to the General Manager of this location.

Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

If I had to choose a favorite place in Miami beach, having spend two weeks here, Duffy wins easily.
I have been their 3 times and eatch time i had a great evening. The only thing that I find a downer is that they close around midnight.
Duffy's is a great place to meet people, their is live music people dancing, a pool, televisions with all popular sports showing everywhere. The staff is young and alive they enjoy their work and are a real bunch of friends, in my opinion based on wath I've seen. A bigg hug, have fun you all are the best.
The food is very tasty, fresh and well priced. The drinks are two for the price of one and are also up to parr.
I wish Duffy's all the best and wish I could take them back to Europe :(

John S, Manager at Duffy's Sports Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

What a nice review! Thanks for taking the time to share this with us.