“Horrible interaction with Manager”

Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: View, Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Kids, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Cheap Eats, Groups
Dining options: Brunch, After-hours, Dinner, Drinks, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Official Sports Grill of your favorite Florida teams.
chicago
“Horrible interaction with Manager”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

I frequent Duffy's and I brought my sister(who was visiting) to Duffy's on July 4th. Well when we got to the door, there was a manger standing laughing saying. We are at capacity and even if i would let you in it will take over 1 hour for service.
I asked where else do you think we can go and he stated I don't know and dont't care I am here.
Needless to say, I will spend my college football saturdays and NFL sundays, spending my money ANYWHERE but here.

BTW I am hotel manager and part of the concierge association. Guess who will be mentioned at our next event.

• Visited July 2014
John S, Manager at Duffy's Sports Grill, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for reaching out to us to let us know if your experience at our North Miami Beach location. We are very concerned to hear of this incident with a manager and will be sending you a private message in hopes to learn more from you.

Huntersville, North Carolina
“Great to watch sports!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

Came here with the family (5 yo and 8 mo baby) to watch the USA X Belgium World Cup game. We found the service and the food to be very good despite the bad reviews we saw on this website. The TVs are fantastic, there are 100's of them, you'll never miss anything no matter where you are sitting. There are no blind spots at all!

I had the full rack of ribs and they were enormous, delicious and very meaty! I will definitely return here if I am in the area and there are nice sports events to watch.

• Visited July 2014
John S, Manager at Duffy's Sports Grill, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Good Afternoon Eduardo,

Thank you again for taking the time to review us on this social media networking as well!! We are very happy to have such a "Raving Fan" of Duffy's and look forward to having you and your family back sometime soon! Have a wonderful day.

Bonita Springs, FL
“Best place to watch sports.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stopped into Duffy's on the way to a Marlins game and there was an hour wait. Normally we would have left but there was a soccer game on and the atmosphere was SO MUCH FUN! Everyone, staff and patrons, were so lively and friendly. It was like one gigantic party. We ended up staying at Duffy's for three hours because we had such a good time. The food was delicious, the service was great and we really couldn't ask for much more. Next time we are in town we will be going back to this location.

• Visited June 2014
John S, Manager at Duffy's Sports Grill, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Good Afternoon!

Wow, what a great review! We are delighted to hear that you had such an enjoyable experience from the service and food you received to the lively atmosphere! I will be sure to share your great experience with the General Manager of this location and we thank you for being a "Raving Fan" of Duffy's in North Miami Beach. We look forward to having you back sometime soon!

Best Regards,
Duffy's Sports grill
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Slow and refused to work with a large group.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

We were part of a very large group (20-25) in town for a wedding. Someone suggested Duffy's, as it was waterfront and would be a great place for a lot of people.

We walked in to the restaurant and no one was at the hostess stand. It took over 15 minutes for anyone to come. Once they did, they immediately said, "We cannot move tables. So, we will seat you where we have availability". My father owned a few restaurants and understands the workings. He tried to see if they would even bring tables together to make a few parties of 8 throughout the restaurant, but the answer was no. It wasn't super crowded. Most of their crowd was finishing up/leaving, and it just didn't make sense why they were almost trying to get us all to leave.

We finally sat in groups of four, in the seats throughout the restaurant, and then the servers told us they had been instructed to have us pay one bill, as we came in as a large party. Let's just say that didn't go over so well, as we weren't even with our party.

Great key lime pie.

Visited May 2014
John S, Manager at Duffy's Sports Grill, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Thank you for your review. We sincerely apologize. We would like to hear more about your experience in hopes we can learn from this. We will be sending you a private message and look forward to hearing back from you.

Aventura, Florida
“Great location, Terrible food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

I visited this restaurant with a friend. Good news: two for one beer - a bargain. Bad news: I ordered fish and chips. I have seldom been disappointed with this choice. At Duffys, the fish was coated with a massive amount of batter. You could not even taste the fish. I tried to find the fish under the nasty tasting batter, but that was tasteless as well. They need to send the chef to learn how to make this simple dish. French fries were limp and tasteless. The only thing I could eat was the side ceasar salad. Other menu choices were not appealing. I expected fish and chips to be a safe choice.

• Visited May 2014
John S, Manager at Duffy's Sports Grill, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Hi Helen. Thank you very much for the valuable feedback. We hope to learn more from you. We have sent you a private message asking for more details.