“fun trip”
Review of Blue Moon Outdoor Center - CLOSED

Blue Moon Outdoor Center
More attraction details
Owner description: Kayaking, canoeing, mountain biking, hiking, and gift store. Our self-guided trips or guided eco-adventures offer close-up views of mangrove trails, manatees, dolphins and other natural wonders! Great for beginners. Large groups welcome. Now offering fishing kayaks! Afterwards, come visit the Historical Blue Marlin Fish House Restaurant, famous for its smoked fish.
Reviewed 25 May 2014

If you're being a hipster tourist to South Florida for the Cool and Hip Stuff, please consider this un-hip attraction to augment your experience. Nothing hip about it, but lots of back to the basics fun in nature among the mangroves. We saw dolphins swimming near our kayak. People at the site are helpful and friendly.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

The blue moon outdoor center offers you good prices to rent bikes, kayak and SUP, there you can have a nice and ease ride in kayak through mangroves creek, you don't see many of wild fauna, because it's an area of new born mangroves, but it really worth to spend some good time in nature!

Reviewed 16 February 2014

I was looking for a nearby spot to kayak and came across this location and company. I think it's best if you have kayaked at least once. I signed up and they gave me a life vest and paddle and sent me on my way. No instruction was provided but it was pretty straight forward. The larger bay was harder to paddle bc it was a little rough, and the island had some litter on its banks. But the mangroves were beautiful! They were the highlight of the trip.

Reviewed 29 December 2013

We went as a group of 10 and everyone was happy - some mountain biked, some cruise biked and others paddled canoes and kayaks. the mountain biking was pretty hard core and rugged. A couple of hours outdoors away from the city buzz and yet right in the miami beach. Fabulous. The equipment was average but perfectly adequate and the staff were nice. I would definitely go back, and recommend it.

See more reviews
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I surprised my husband with the full moon kayak tour for his birthday - he had so much fun! The evening was perfect - the breeze, the full moon shining amongst the clouds, the serene feel and the ambiance was perfect. The staff is friendly, helpful and full engaged in wanting you to have a wonderful experience. We especially enjoyed the island party with the other kayakers. My husband and a few other birthday partiers were sung "Happy Birthday" by Tim and the other attendees. Tim (a guide) sang some Jimmy Buffett, James Taylor, Plain White T's and some others festively - it was like a scene from a movie as we all joined it. A wonderful way to spend the evening staring and appreciating the full moon and the beautiful nature which surrounds us in Florida.