“Good food”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 31 March 2012

Last year, we could barely get in this restaurant. This year, we were surprised to find it practically empty. We missed the Sunset Menu. I started with delicious tomato & mozzarella, but it's obscene to be charged $15 for this appetizer in a little storefront restaurant. My husband had a decent Caesar salad. I had penne bolognese which was good; my husband had lasagne which was fair. We saw great bread by the open kitchen, but it took forever for them to give us any. And, they never refilled our bread basket after we ate the tiny bit they provided. There were plenty of waiters, but they were not particularly attentive. Dessert was mediocre. We shall return, but next time, well go for the Sunset menu to get some value for our dollar.

There are newer reviews for Trattoria Il Migliore

Reviewed 19 March 2012

Il Migliore has been a neighborhood favorite for years. We've dined there a half a dozen times in the past three years. They always had a line out the door of people waiting, unfortunatly that's no longer the case. There were only six tables occupied the whole evening. I guess others have been finding out what we discovered that night.

The extensive menu, chocked full of traditional specialties, prepared to perfection, and served in generous portions is gone. It's replaced by a much smaller menu and a verbal special list (no prices when they read it, of course). They grudgingly offer to alter the preparations of the specials to your liking.

Service was just plain poor. There is no nicer way put it. No one pouring the wine for us (we would of had a second bottle if they had). No refilling the water glasses. Very clumsy serving and clearing. Inattention of the wait staff, and a poor pace of dinner service were really downers. They must have some kind of a training or staff turnover issue.

Only one of the four of us thought their food was any good, and they had told the server that they wanted one of the specials, but asked for major modifications in the prep. The other three were very disappointed, as the food and the presentation were just plain poor. Two dishes came out cold, and none of our meals came out together. The chef must like salt and not have access to any fresh herbs.

I'm sad to say it, but we won't be back. When we made the reservation we told them that it was a special occasion, it turned out to be anything but ...

3  Thank TheSeaIsForMe
Reviewed 28 January 2012

My friend and I went here for her birthday. We got there a little before they closed, at around 9:35PM. It's a quaint, cute little place that is tastefully decorated.

The owner/chef/our server (yeah he was doing all those things) came up to us right away and told us the specials and explained them in detail.
I ordered the pasta with sea scallops and mushrooms (it was a special) and my friend order a white fish dish (also a special).
The food was beyond amazing! The mushrooms were perfect, the pasta was fresh, the sauce was just right, and the sea bass was seared to perfection (and I dont even usually like sea food)! We got the mezzona wine (also great) and enjoyed that thoroughly. When the restaurant closed at 10, nobody tried to rush us our. We actually stayed until around11 and chatted with the owner.

I would definitely recommend this place. Although a bit pricey, it is worth every penny. It's the single most fresh and truly Italian meal you can get anywhere in South Florida!

1  Thank Sherrykhanum
Reviewed 30 December 2011

My parents, husband and 2 children ate dinner here for the first time. The service was second to none and the food was so lovely. I was like homemade food and great value for money.
We will definitely go back.

Reviewed 31 August 2011

I could rave about the food for days but our experience at this quaint restaurant was much more than the food!! The moment we walked into this family owned bistro we felt at home. The owner Barry greeted us with such warmth that I felt as though we've known him for years!!! The night only got better as the service was flawless and the ambiance was cozy and fun.....Will definitely be back very soon!!!!