“delicious food with a local clientel”
Review of Trattoria Il Migliore - CLOSED

Trattoria Il Migliore
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 March 2013

We live in the neighborhood and have been eating here for years. The food is delicious and it's very good value. They've recently changed the menu so you have a choice of meals that come with side dishes or grilled chicken, shrimp, salmon, etc... and then choosing a side. So it can be as healthy or as fattening as you want. The chopped salad for $5 has always been a favorite of mine, along with the tuscan fries which are loaded with fresh rosemary, and fabulous pastas. The service is great. I ordered a diet coke and the waiter informed me that they serve pepsi and actually offered to run next door to the Farm Store to pick one up for me. I declined but gave him an extra special tip just for suggesting it.

1  Thank MarcelleMiami

Reviewed 25 February 2013 via mobile

Good Service, very good gnokis, great kobe meat balls, nice and cosy, in general good pastas and excellent lasagna

Reviewed 25 February 2013

It's true the crowds are gone because the bargain Sunset Menu is gone. We never took advantage of that anyway. Much of the food here is exceptional. We started w a cheese & olive snack, reasonable at $5. We were served delicious hot bread & a good Super Tuscan for only $36. The small Caesar salad was good enough, only $5 and big enough to share. The lasagne was pretty good. The pounded veal chop Parmesan was EXCEPTIONAL and fairly priced @ $24. I'd run back just for that 5 star dish. The spinach had too much garlic, and I love garlic. The bread pudding was disappointing. The service was attentive and professional. I think Il Migliore SHOULD take reservations; it's a minimal courtesy. I usually won't dine at restaurants that do not take reservations. All in all, we had a very fine meal, good wine and service at a fair price.

Reviewed 18 February 2013

We have eaten here many times. Because they do not take reservations for a party of four, we got there early enough not to have a wait. We arrived at 7:30 p.m. and were seated within a few minutes. Our salads were tasty and nicely sized. The entrees were fairly priced, and presented nicely. We ordered seafood, beef, and pasta. Each of us found our choices to be flavorful. This is a great neighborhood restaurant with consistently good food!

Reviewed 31 March 2012

Last year, we could barely get in this restaurant. This year, we were surprised to find it practically empty. We missed the Sunset Menu. I started with delicious tomato & mozzarella, but it's obscene to be charged $15 for this appetizer in a little storefront restaurant. My husband had a decent Caesar salad. I had penne bolognese which was good; my husband had lasagne which was fair. We saw great bread by the open kitchen, but it took forever for them to give us any. And, they never refilled our bread basket after we ate the tiny bit they provided. There were plenty of waiters, but they were not particularly attentive. Dessert was mediocre. We shall return, but next time, well go for the Sunset menu to get some value for our dollar.