“Nothing Special”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Went there this past Saturday. Staff was unfriendly I don't know my servers name because she didn't tell us. The host came and got us to take us to the table then stopped us half way up the stairs to wait because he saw the table was not ready. Our chef scotty was ok didn't do much of anything special. The table across from us was seated before us and didn't get assistant until way after us because someone forgot that they had been seated. Overall food is okay.

There are newer reviews for Benihana

Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

Sat at bar with my wife and ordered a carafe of sake which was served with 2 tequila shot glasses. Both the bartender, Victor, and the manager refused to get us traditional sake cups. Both seemed indifferent to our concerns as customers! Horrible service!!

Reviewed 15 January 2014 via mobile

They have a happy hour there and it is pretty good. The happy hour is at the bar downstairs and you can order sushi items at really good prices not bad. I went last night and have to say I will never go again.
The bartenders started covering all the bottles and the bar with trash bags while I was sitting there eating. I asked what they were doing and they said it was bug night so they had to cover everything so the bar could be sprayed. I said wow can't you all do this at closing I am sitting here eating. I spoke to the manager he did not care I mean he practically ignored me.
I asked the server for nigiri he brought me sashimi I said that is not nigiri he said well sashimi is nigiri for happy hour. Then he admitted he didn't know What a mess. Never going back I was shocked really

Reviewed 4 December 2013

We took our son, daughter in-law, and grand children to this location (first time for the grand children - 5 and 7 years old) for a nice late Sunday lunch. Service was very mediocre and the "show" wasn't very fun. Hubby and I have been to this location, as well as others and we have always had a great show and thought it would be nice to take the little ones for entertainment. Well, the only thing our chef did was make the rice into the shape of a heart and with the use of his spatula, make it beat. There was not smoking volcano out of onions, cracking of egg, or shrimp tail hat and/or pocket trick. Very disappointing. It seemed our chef and waitress must have been in a bit of a tiff as it was very evident on both of their faces.

Kids did see some of the things I mentioned but at distances from other chefs at different tables. Littlest one ask, how come our cook didn't do that?

Although the food was tasty and reasonable for lunch prices (dinner prices are $$$) and filling the overall experience was so-so.

This particular location could do with a make over. Carpet and chairs worn and very dated. Over all a good thorough cleaning would also help out.

We would go again, but not for sometime and maybe we will travel the distance to go and try a different location for comparison.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

My grandson loves Benihana and will charm me into bringing him there instead of many other popular Asian style restaurants. I must admit I am always reluctant, being an old f--t and preferring quieter venues I resist but always give in. Truth be told, its a joy every time. I always come away satisfied. The menu is reasonably priced, the waitresses are friendly and efficient, the cook was friendly, easy going and entertaining. Kids love the place, even kids into their 70's, (smile). Best of all the food is fresh, cooked the way you like it, and delicious. I'll be back!