“Avoid this place!!! It's DISGUSTING.”

Travelodge Monaco N Miami and Sunny Isles Beach
Reviewed 24 April 2013

What can we say about this place... it ruined our vacation... the rooms are DIRTY, SMALL, OLD, DISGUSTING and it had COCKROACHES in the room. First day we found 2 dead cockroaches on the floor, we spoke to the manager about it, and in the evening when we came back, surprise: THE DEAD COCKROACHES WERE STILL THERE AT THE SAME PLACE!!! Towels (tiny) were wet! There were hair everywhere. Doors/windows didn't close properly, we didn't feel safe there at all. We left all valuables in the car. In the middle of the night there was a COCKROACH flying in my husband's HEAD!!! No, no, no, this hotel should be closed. They even charge you a "resort" fee of $10 per day. RESORT FEE? RESORT? Are they mad? They also charge a $11 parking fee per day. It's all sooo dirty, sooo old, sooo disgusting, sooo sad... what a shame we chose that horrible place. Don't ruin your vacation... We will write to Travelodge directly, as they simply can't put their name in that place. We've been to many Travelodges and they are simple, but clean and safe. That's the only thing we ask for. This place cannot be considered a hotel, not even 1 star.

Room Tip: Good room?!?!?! Go somewhere ELSE!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Gabriela S

Reviewed 6 March 2013

What a sad place, it has only one thing going for it,its position on the beach, everything else was terrible, and for the price of the room nearly $200 robbery, this included a charge of $11 for parking

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank miketadvisor
Reviewed 16 February 2013

I booked this as a Top Secret hotel and was told the ratings were high. I paid $179. This is a 2-star at best- not worth $100. After booking, I read that I had to pay more at check-in. It ended up to be $21 more. The grounds/pool looked nasty, and the bathroom was dirty-filth and trash on floor. I went and bought cleansers and cleaned it myself. The bed WAS comfortable. There was a 1" crack under door I stuffed towels in to keep insects out (or in)? Also NO ELEVATOR-had to haul luggage upstairs. Restaurant was good. I should have stayed on the interstate and saved $ for a nicer hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank Katu36561
Reviewed 3 February 2013

We checked in the evening in December 2012 and when we woke up the next morning we noticed many small reddish-brown bugs crawling all over our pillows and sheets. Upon squashing several of them blood came out. We advised the hotel management immediately who sent housekeeping to the room who confirmed our observations.We checked out immediately. A week later we broke out in skin rashes over our bodies typical for bed bug bites.

Room Tip: Always check the bedding before moving in to a hotel room
Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank lillian m
Reviewed 20 January 2013

I went to this hotel with my wife to spend our anniversary, its the worst hotel I have ever been in,it was expensive and the rooms were disgusting, the staff was terrible starting from the front desk o the room service personnel, expensive nasty stinky hotel. Also,the food in the pizza restaurant sucked. I truly regret going to that terrible old cheap looking hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Antonio B
Reviewed 13 January 2013

the hotel is located direct at the beach in north miami between new build skyscrappes .
Parking is limited . Hotel ist old , furniture ist old . So please don t expect to much if you book it .
The location is amazing the rest not .
Hotel ist build like a motel . it s quiet clean , but could be better .
only to recomand for low budget traveller .
Aircondition is the room not very cold .

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank khzuerich
Reviewed 17 December 2012

My stay here was the worst experience I ever been through. I reserved this room through hotwire .com on line. They do not tell you in advance the name of the hotel until after you book the room. Needless to say I went in with an open mind. My rm. was fairly clean...but was for a handycap individual. The walls are thin so you can here your neighbors. Worst of all...if you have a room above you... you can here loud thumping sounds as if someone might come crashing down on you. Sad to say the staff were not that caring at all. The only thing that mattered to them is if they could squeeze a $1.00 out of you. The only good thing I found good staying here is the LOCATION and BEING ON BEACH FRONT PROPERTY.Whatever happen to trying to make a customers stay pleasant and accomadating. From a friend to another...please find somewhere else to stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank blue5412
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Miami Beach
Sole on the Ocean
Sole on the Ocean
#4 of 10 in Sunny Isles Beach
Days Hotel - Thunderbird Beach Resort
Days Hotel - Thunderbird Beach R...
#9 of 10 in Sunny Isles Beach
Collins Hotel
Collins Hotel
#100 of 212 in Miami Beach
Hampton Inn Hallandale Beach/Aventura

Been to Travelodge Monaco N Miami and Sunny Isles Beach? Share your experiences!