“BAD EXPERIENCE”

Travelodge Monaco N Miami and Sunny Isles Beach
Reviewed 7 March 2014

We spent 3 nights at this hotel and came back home with a stiff neck for myself and a throat infection for my wife caused by a very old, dusty, noisy, air conditioning system. The system was running full blast 24 hrs a day with no control in the room. Carpet was so dirty that we could not walk bare feet in the room. To add to the story the very poor quality of the beds made our sleep very difficult. The restaurant inside the hotel was rather a greasy spoon... Although the pool was nice and clean outside and the access to the beach was very nice the very poor quality of the room made our stay there very disapointing. This hotel was built in the '50s and has hardly never been renovated... Just add the new highrise construction just beside and you end up with an accumulated state of frustation. We do not recommend this hotel. On top of all this we are very surprised that they are part of theTravelodge chain... Sylvain R

Room Tip: Are there good rooms there??
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 57SylvainR

Reviewed 6 March 2014

I travel for work and I was familiar with the area which led to me booking a hotel at this horrific establishment. When I arrived the hotel seemed adequate. From there things went downhill. The guests next door to me argued relentlessly from everything to when is the right time to take a medication to gambling. The walls are paper thin and I heard everything. My sheets and towels had someone else's hair on them. The next morning I woke up and realized that there wasn't an iron or ironing board in the room. That was something you have to request. The next night I figured I would just suffer through, but I saw not one but TWO gigantic cockroaches. I went to the front desk and the only room that they could put me in was a room near all the construction. I discovered that there was no penalty to check out, but in my haste to gtfo of that awful place I left a shoe. I just called to see if they could send it to me and they said iI should arrange for someone to pick it up. I live 4 hours away and I don't have any family or friends that can "just pick it up." They have allegedly forwarded my request to the supervisor, but if my experience is any indication of how they treat their guests I wouldn't bet on it.

Room Tip: Run don't walk away from this establishment.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 March 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
1  Thank Christopher C
Reviewed 3 March 2014

What a lousy place...front desk staff was rude, not even a "welcome" or "thank you" upon departure,......the room was very plain, noisy, the A/C could not be regulated so the noise kept me up most of the night.....the beachfront section of the hotel is undergoing renovations, so it is closed, and so is one side of the hotel as it faces another construction site.....the hotel charges fees for anything else besides the room,.... To get a beach chair, I had to go back to the front desk and ask for help, as the attendant was nowhere to be found, then when I asked to place my beach chair under one of the palapas, (only three of them available) I was told I had to pay extra for them, as the only have 3.....(?) the breakfast was a joke..... I had stayed at this hotel many years ago (@20) and it was ok then, but now......will never stay here again,.....not even considering the hotel is right on the beach. Drive up to Hollywood and stay at the Hollywood Beachside Boutique.....well worth it.....

Room Tip: If this is your last choice. ask to see the room first if you can.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 January 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed 17 January 2014

Let's get it right.... If you are pretentious, doing stay. This place is great for the money. Treated extremely well. NOT DIRTY AT ALL. CLEAN, GET OLD. what Miami dead at onetime. Chris, Max, Archie, are awesome, sweet and helpful. stay here if. Don't expect the Hyatt, just nice.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Our family with other three families stayed here on 12/22-12/23/2013. One of our group member had done reservation for us. When we go there around 4 p.m. they had to look up our reservation on printed/hand written paper. We were assigned room on second floor. No elevator for you to carry on your bags upstairs. Once we opened the room smelled like mildew and mold. We dare to lift sheets on bed. We slept without blanket because we did not wanted to see what may be under the bed. Rear part of the hotel is all shut down and ready to fall. In the morning we went to front desk to ask for breakfast. Manger gave us a coupon to eat at the place inside the motel. When we gave coupon to guy at the resturants and asked what we can have, he said two slices of bread (toasted!!), butter, jam and cup of OJ!!!

Last but not the least make sure when you ready to run away from this hell. You stop at the main counter and check out in person (they don't have automatic check out). They will give you a final bill that you need to sign. If you don't I don't know what may happen but I am sure they can charge you another day!!!

PLEASE DON'T EVEN BOOK AT THIS PLACE. I AM CALLING WHYNDAM FOR A REFUND!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank advice4familyandU
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Miami Beach
Days Hotel - Thunderbird Beach Resort
Days Hotel - Thunderbird Beach R...
#9 of 10 in Sunny Isles Beach
Marenas Beach Resort
#2 of 10 in Sunny Isles Beach
Hampton Inn Hallandale Beach/Aventura
Residence Inn Miami Sunny Isles Beach
Residence Inn Miami Sunny Isles ...
#8 of 10 in Sunny Isles Beach
Courtyard by Marriott Miami Aventura Mall

Been to Travelodge Monaco N Miami and Sunny Isles Beach? Share your experiences!