“GREAT Smoked Fish”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“GREAT Smoked Fish”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2012

the smoked fish here is WONDERFUL! the staff that work there are quite nice.

Unfortunately we arrived one afternoon when they were preparing a huge set-up for the next day so the fish was still way too cold (almost frozen) but we let it warm up a bit and it was EXCELLENT. The rest of the food I don't even remember, but not because it was bad, just that the smoked fish is so good!

Next time I think I'll just drop by and pick up a few pounds to go tho, and eat it at the beach or by our pool.

Possibly the very best smoked fish I've had in SoFL!

Definitely recommend!

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank dgpete

california
“Great smoked salmon!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2012 via mobile

Whille visiting Miami and after seeing this restaurant on Diners Drive-in & Dives my husband and I decided to take a drive and try it out. We had crab cakes and smoked fish platter . My husband said his crab cakes was a 4-5 and I give my smoked fish sampler especially the salmon a five. Nice people good lake breeze from the oleta river.

Boston
“Ok, not "wow" and expect to wait.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2012

Finally decided to try this place out. Did not know much about it. While I was there, only four other tables were occupied and there were three employees: the boss (I surmise), a cashier, server, and a cook.

I think the boss took my order. When I pulled out my credit card, he said "that's okay, you can pay later." While nice, this concerned me, because the cashier who helped the people just before me, took their order and then walked away. She didn't even acknowledge that I was there. I stood there, all alone, for 5 mins before the person who took my order finally asked, "have you been helped?" so when he said you can pay later, I was concerned I would have to wait again later. Turns out, I was right. After I finished eating, I had to wait again. And this after the long wait for food.

I ordered the fish taco at 2 PM. It finally came at 2:42. Hmm... Seems a tad bit long to me. I enjoyed the fresh air, and while I was waiting I was reading online reviews of the place. All reviewers say the same thing. Be prepared to wait. The weather was wonderful the day I was there, so that helped, but know that there really is no view and being so close to the road nearby, it's not exactly a quiet setting either. Not loud, just not what you would imagine for that location.

The tacos were actually good. The obviously bagged cole slaw was not very good. One bite, I was done with that.

You can see all that goes on in the kitchen, nothing hidden from view.

Would I bring people there when they visit? Not sure. (and that in of itself is a bit telling). Would I go there again for lunch by myself? No.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank StuGrunt
Baltimore, Maryland
“Great food, very nice service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2012

A secreted gem off the roadway, and a must stop. Deliciously fresh seafood. We had a tuna melt and smoked Mahi Mahi tacos, both extremely good. After ordering, take a meandering walk down to the dock, find a table and the restaurant staff will serve your meal. Excellent place for relaxing conversation over food you wish will keep coming to your table. there is a museum in a small room attached to eating area, we didn't go in so not sure what it mentioned.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank bebedani
Newnan, GA
“Not for those seeking fine china and silver settings”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2012

What this place does offer is good food at a reasonable price. My girlfriend had the fish tacos and she was in heaven. I had the salmon burger and it was excellent. The burger was served with a dill-cucumber sauce that was so good! The two guys doing the serving and cooking were working non-stop to get everyone fed as quickly as possible. Take note - - this is not a fast food joint; the food is cooked when you order it so plan for a leisure meal. If you want it quick, visit the Mickie Dees up the street. If you want it good, stop here and plan on sitting for a spell.

By the way, the calico kitty that hangs out there is very well mannered. She will sit patiently and wait for a taste, but she will never beg.

• Visited February 2012