“Lunch on the water”
Review of Blue Marlin Fish House - CLOSED

Blue Marlin Fish House
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 3 July 2013

Great! My wife found the Blue Marlin Fish House and suggested we try it. The smoked fish dip was excellent and the fish sandwiches are a must try. There was only one person in the kitchen taking orders and preparing the food, but the service was still good. Sitting outside in the Florida summer under ceiling fans was part of the experience. I like to eat at unique local spots when I travel. I highly recommend the Blue Marlin as part of experiencing the South Florida culture.

1  Thank Michael K

Reviewed 24 May 2013

I recently revisited to BMFH after a very enjoyable kayak trip at Oleta river state park. The kayak vendor also is the new owner of this little place.
While I was quite happy with the service and in fact the snapper sandwich, I feel like I should clear something up.
Despite what you have heard, what the menu says, or the reviews...When I asked if they still smoked the fish in house I was told by the server with head held low, "No, we buy it from our seafood supplier in Pompano beach."
Why she decided to tell me this I don't know. Maybe she could tell I was local, or sensed my BS meter.

Again,
I have nothing against this venue. i just don't think its right to mislead people with the menu that states"We smoke our own fish" especially since the featured item on Diners Drive Ins and Dives
WAS THE SMOKED FISH mad in their homemade smoker.
Not to mention they have boats just on the other side of the park that bring fresh fish in daily, so why are you buying from a seafood supplier 30 miles away?

That being said its worth a visit, in the fall. Open dining. Don't dress up. No A/C.

3  Thank delliman
Reviewed 13 August 2012

I found this place on the food network while looking for local places with a unique twist. The smoked fish (blue marlin) dip is out of this world! Also indulge yourself with the smoked fish sampler. Wow! The food is fresh abundant! I brought it home to serve to serve guests and everyone just loved it! I'll be back!!!

2  Thank lorraineklop95
Reviewed 3 June 2012

Meeting a lady friend there for lunch in an hour and a half. Before I tell you why you MUST try this true gem of a place, let me tell you I'm born and raised in Miami Beach. I know seafood. Best fish taco and fish sandwich and smoked fish in town. Wonderfully inventive takes on seafood joint standards. Amazing crab cakes, made from fresh local blue crabs. Place is totally, fully laid-back, completely casual and caters to the "What, me hurry?" kayaking and canoeing crowd since it also functions as a port-of-call along the meandering Oleta River. Which brings me to its atmosphere: Blue Marlin's very naturalness can make dining there uncomfortable for those sensitive of skin and nose. Being on the edge of a mangrove preserve in a subtropical state park means that you are likely to encounter any of the following: vicious biting little flies called "no-see-ums," mosquitoes in a variety of species, small non-venomous reptiles and amphibians, wind shifts that bring the constant smell of flatulence from the nearby water treatment plant and, of course, instantaneous changes in weather--usually from warm, sunny and muggy to warm, cloudy and raining in buckets. Service is kind of slow but friendly and knowledgeable. Despite food and beers of gourmet quality, Blue Marlin isn't for the luxury-seeking faint-of-heart. This is exactly the kind of place you want to bring your kid as long as you have plenty of bug repellent. (Maybe they'll let you fish from the dock in back.)

3  Thank Eric M
Reviewed 28 May 2012

the smoked fish here is WONDERFUL! the staff that work there are quite nice.

Unfortunately we arrived one afternoon when they were preparing a huge set-up for the next day so the fish was still way too cold (almost frozen) but we let it warm up a bit and it was EXCELLENT. The rest of the food I don't even remember, but not because it was bad, just that the smoked fish is so good!

Next time I think I'll just drop by and pick up a few pounds to go tho, and eat it at the beach or by our pool.

Possibly the very best smoked fish I've had in SoFL!

Definitely recommend!