“Our regular breakfast spot due to location”
Review of Alvaros

Alvaros
Ranked #8 of 75 Restaurants in North Port
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
North Port, Florida
“Our regular breakfast spot due to location”
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We eat breakfast here a couple times a month and have for several years now, due to its proximity to our home. I always get the corned beef hash breakfast and it is always very good. My husband prefers the Sunday buffet because he is a big eater. Alvaros is hit or miss, for sure. Sometimes the service is great, sometimes just okay. Sometimes the buffet is well-stocked, sometimes they are running way behind with lots of empty pans. It is always clean, and the staff is friendly. The price is excellent, too. We definitely have a better experience here off season. Once season kicks in and they get super busy, the service and the food definitely suffer. I have eaten here for both lunch and dinner as well, but I can make those meals better at home, so we only go here for breakfast. I would say don't hesitate to give it a try.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank JenG5

Englewood, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great food...horrible service”
Reviewed 19 October 2013

i love the food here. this is a great family restaurant and i love the breakfast and i love the dinner. the price is extremely fair and the food has always been great. however, the past two times i have went to dinner there..i left extremely irritated. i was served by the same lady twice. the server may as well of been a customer. she sits and talks with customers and completely ignored my wife and i and we werent the only ones being ignored. just a loud and obnoxious lady..yelling/using profanity while coming out of the kitchen at the cooks and just complaining constantly to some of her customers about staff. she seemed to be there for social hour and not waiting tables.

other than that the food is amazing. the corn beef and cabbage is awesome. the pizza is awesome. their breakfast buffet is awesome. the prices are basically a steal!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank MarcusR533
Sarasota, Florida
“Great food and service. ”
Reviewed 18 October 2013 via mobile

Our family had a great dinner at Alvaro's. We had Italian and Greek plates and both were really good as well as the service. We wil be coming back to support a great family restaurant.

1 Thank ozzyd
North Port, Florida
“Great food but service not best”
Reviewed 29 September 2013

I used to eat at Alvaro's for years prior to the close down due to fire I believe. I recently started going every Sunday prior to going to church. I also go sometimes during the week for breakfast. The service can be so good sometimes, then terrible (gross at times). Sunday mornings last weekend and this weekend (9/22 & 9/29) I was completely unhappy with the service. One waitress looks completely bored with her job and her face looks impossible to smile and she smelled like stale beer. Completely nauseating to be honest. I came during the week this past week and I had a great waitress, such a pleasure and actually smiled which is great to see when im eating and beign served. I am terrible with names but she had shoulder length brown hair, no glasses and had a wide white cloth headband in hair (could have been a scarf type). I think her name started with an M. She was fantastic and I hope she works more often. The staff on my church mornings on Sundays I wish was a bit greater than what they have been the past 2 weeks. The woman with longer straight brown hair that seats and checks our bills out at the register was really nice. I just didnt care for the Waitress I asked today their names and was told Marie and Nancy. Other than that I go because I love the food and the atmosphere isn't bad, its clean and service can be good IF good people are working. Smiling staff is important.

Visited September 2013
“Good food-slow service”
Reviewed 27 September 2013

We go to Alvaro's occasionally when we have time to spare. We find the food good but the service very slow. The atmosphere is very plain but clean. Not much to say about this place. Very average.

• Visited August 2013