“The Springs helped my healing!”

Warm Mineral Springs
Ranked #2 of 12 things to do in North Port
More attraction details
Owner description: At a temperature of 87 degrees, Warm Mineral Springs contains 9 million gallons of fresh water which replenishes itself every two hours. This natural resource is comprised of 51 minerals, which is the highest mineral content of any natural spring in the United States. The spring has been added to the U.S. National Register of Historic Places partly because it is one of the most important underwater archeological sites in America. During exploratory dives in the 1950s, the remains of a prehistoric hunter and seven other humans were discovered in a very well preserved state. Similarly, evidence of several creatures have been extracted from the spring, including saber tooth tigers, giant sloths, tortoises, and even camels. Today, with a goal of increased wellness for everyone, Warm Mineral Springs offers a natural experience to residents and visitors alike who want to soak in the warm waters.
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I've been suffering with a neurological & auto-immune illness for a few years. After trying what feels like hundreds of treatments, a friend suggested I try the Springs. I was a skeptic but I was wowed by the changes I saw in just a few days. Because I'm so sick, I will need to visit a few more times but how incredible!! Granted everything probably played together but I saw such incredible changes as a result of spending the day soaking in the Springs. I was alittle bummed about the condition of the property. I was told they were closed for awhile & since re-opening they have not re-opened every feature ( the cafe , the massage & spa, store) the property seems stripped,& I was looking forward to experiencing the whole package but essentially I was there to soak in those healing warm springs! And it served it's purpose! Thank you! I will be going back again & again.

36  Thank JLYN2014

Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

Beautiful place,very healing. I'm so glad you're back open,we tried to go but it was closed when we arrived. You should concentrate on the healing properties of the minerals in the water, loved the drinking water and mineral salt, seasoned salt that they sold in the gift shop. Also they could have more healing workshops with yoga,reiki, massage, and facials. I'm an esthetician, and I've used reiki for healing my clients. Can't wait to go back and bathe in the water. Thank you for reopening!!:-)Rhonda Woodward Madeira beach, Fla

17  Thank Rhonda Kay W
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We visited the Springs twice before it was closed last year and came back again after it was reopened. Reason for coming: swimming and soaking in its mineral water helps us to reduce arthritic pain. Mineral water treatment of various illnesses (balneology) is very old and still common in Europe with numerous specialized facilities (sanatoriums) to provide this type of treatment based on local for each sanatorium mineral spring water. This treatment is drug free and does not have side effects. In order for people to use healing power of this Warm Mineral Springs no major development is required. It is unique for mineral springs. Here spring water is discharged in bottom of a natural lake (sinkhole) with constant 87°F water where people can comfortably soak and swim. Water does not require any additional treatment such as heating, cooling, adding minerals, carbonating, etc. to be useable for healing.
After it was reopened it is still clean, well maintained place with lifeguards, but for the same price of daily pass of $20 ($170 shareable 10-day pass) you have to bring your own chair to sit, no drinking water on premises, no water aerobic exercises are included. Also neither restaurant nor spa services are available on premised.
Current Springs operator has contract ending on August 31 so currently sold passes are valid only before September 1 2014. It means that another closure is realistic. Or price increase. I would not plan to come back in Fall until it is absolutely clear that the Springs is open and that the total cost to come here is less than to go elsewhere.

25  Thank Yuri B
Reviewed 26 May 2014

The warm mineral springs in North Port is the only natural hot springs in Florida. I am so grateful they are back open! The water is so soft, pristine and healing. I love the warm mineral springs and Thank you North Port Government for re-opening the springs! Please start selling the water so that we can take it home to drink again. We are so blessed to to have such a beautiful place that heals our bodies!

21  Thank Pamela E
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

WWMS was a really nice operation last year, now its a very pimited services facility, ie only the watet is open. There are no chairs to sit on, so take it from there. The grounds are well maintained and it is a beautiful site with incredible healing powers. The employees say that in September there will be more services but I doubt it. It took a year just to open the water.
If you love the water its still there.

12  Thank Gustavo H