“Gone but coming back”

Description: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cafe-Evergreen/173848212033
North Port, Florida
“Gone but coming back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2013

Unfortunately now closed due to the stupidity of our city commissioners forcing the closure of the Warm Mineral Springs spa where the cafe was located. The owners have already secured a new location in Nokomis and plan to reopen in August or September. I plan to be a frequent visitor when they reopen as they are planning to add a juice bar and organic produce stand to the cafe.

When they were at the WMS location, my favorite dishes were the pesto wrap and the borsch. I never thought I would like borsch until I had Cafe Evergreen's take on it. It's sort of like a vegetable soup that has a beet based broth instead of a beef/tomato based broth. With nice chunks of various vegetables, it is quite delicious. The pesto wrap has nice chunks of grilled chicken, fresh veggies, and a good pesto-ranch sauce on it. Add the optional sweet potato fries to it and I'm a happy camper.

They did have some quite delightful desserts including a cranberry-pecan pie and a flourless chocolate cake that was to die for.

I can honestly say I never had anything that I didn't care for there.

Here's to hoping that Cafe Evergreen reopened soon at it's new location and is better than ever!

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank Tom S

North Port, Florida
“Great food and service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

Many different tasty and healthy menu itmes to choose from. Good place to get ideas to incorporate into your own menu planning at home.

Visited March 2013
Sarasota, Florida
“Sorry closed June 30, 2013 when the Warm Mineral Springs closed.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2013

I enjoyed the food, menu and kind attentive staff. All natural/organic, delicious salad. Great selection of teas.

• Visited June 2013
Fort Pierce, Florida, United States
“Great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

One of the few places that actually can make a great avocado salad. And their soups are great too. The wait staff went out of their way to also help me with some computer problems I was having. Too bad that the county is set on closing the cafe. What a shame.

Visited May 2013
Sarasota, Florida
“Best place to eat in North Port”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2013

My absolute favorite place in the area. I've never had a bad meal. My advice is to try everything once! You'll never be disappointed.

• Visited May 2013