“Another great stay”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in North Redington Beach
Sandalwood Beach Resort
Chicago, Illinois
“Another great stay”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

We just spent another Spring Break at the Sandalwood. We stay here every year. It just keeps getting better. This year the Lobby looked amazing all new. Another surprise when we get to the room, it to had been remodeled and also looked amazing. The staff was wonderful as always.
Peggy makes sure we always get the same room. This is a great place to spent time as a family.
If you have never stayed here you must try it.

Room Tip: Ask for a remodeled room. All rooms are good, but the remodeled are great
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Scott B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Seminole, Florida
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I just stayed another 3 weeks at the Sandalwood. I will only stay at the Sandalwood, it is one of my favorite places to go to have family fun and to just relax right on the beach. My room was amazing, it was so clean and the housekeepers were very nice and helpful. The people at the front desk were very polite and helpful, this made me feel right at home. Looking forward to going back next year.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Tiffany S
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed 5 February 2014

I booked the Sandalwood resort about a week before I was to stay for two weeks beginning on Feb.1st. I was given a weekly rate of $630 plus an additional pet fee of $60.00 I gave my credit card for a $100 deposit over the phone. I arrived at approximately 8pm ,in torrential rain, with my cat and a good deal of belongings, as I had just moved out of my apartment and my new one would not be ready for two weeks. The girl at the front desk was rude and unfriendly as she pointed out my room on the second floor; which did not have direct access from the only elevator in the building. There was no offer to help me with my belongings AND she said that I could only leave my car where it was for a few minutes ( there weren't ANY free spaces in their lot). After two difficult trips up and down ( I am disabled to boot!), the desk clerk said, "Do you have a pet with you?". I said," Yes, of course, I just checked in with my cat in her kennel, a bag of litter,food, and a litter pan!" She told me ( again, VERY rudely) that I had to leave immediately and that they did not take pets. When I told her that I had been told otherwise when I made my reservation, she pointed to a small sign, hidden behind the front desk, that said, "No pets". I again explained that I had made the reservation and had said I had a small cat. She accused me of lying and said I had to leave. As it was raining and I was unfamiliar with the area and had no where else to go, I asked her to call the manager/owner. THAT women was even more RUDE! She told me I had to leaver immediately and only when I literally begged her, did she agree that I could stay until morning. I was distraught. I did not know where I would go. I went out to find some food, and when I came back, there was an open spot next to the front door, which I was most grateful for, as it was still pouring rain. The desk clerk had left for the night and no one else was there. The room itself, by the way, was awful. The TV did not work, nor the internet. I spent the night freezing ( yes, even in Florida), because there was no heat. Then, at 7am, someone was banging on my door. I opened it up and the cleaning lady told me that she had been sent by the manager to wake me up to move my car! I called down to the desk and asked what the problem was. She told me that I had parked in the spot that was reserved for the manager , who would be there shortly. I asked if there wasn't any other place that the manager could park and was told the lot was full and that I needed to park across the (busy) street!. I could not believe that she wanted me, the client, to get out of bed in my pjs and move my car across the street at 7am in the pouring rain ,so that the MANAGER wouldn't'[t be inconvenienced when she got there. I went down stairs and moved my car, at which point I took the opportunity to see that the space I was in did not have any sign, yellow marking or anything else that would indicate that I could not park there. I took a few pictures as well. I came back in and was called into the manager's office; who turned out to be the rude woman from the phone call the night before. She told me that I was lying about being told it was ok to bring the cat and that no one there would have ever told me such a thing. I asked her, then, 'logically speaking, why would I have carried my cat ( and all her "accessories" right in front of the girl at the desk'? She again, called me a liar. I told her that I had seen many negative reviews on trip advisor and yelp , but had decided to give them a chance anyway. I told her that I had made a huge mistake in doing so, because those negative reviewed had been totally true and that I would be adding mine as well. She told me to get lost and said ," we don't need you anyway; we do just fine with the Canadians who never complain....it's just you locals that cause all the problems"! At that point, I was so shocked, I asked for my money to be returned. Only after standing there for thirty minutes , did I finally get her to agree to refund all the money less one night's stay. I had asked for that to be returned as well, at which point she said that I didn't deserve a penny and should actually be charged an additional $100! I left in the rain, not knowing where to go.What happened next, can only be called a miracle. I happened upon a lovely woman , who managed a hotel down the road, called "The Schooner". When she heard of my plight, she immediately offered me AND my cat, at a discounted rate! It is the loveliest, cleanest most wonderful place! Please go there and NOT to Sandalwood...I promise you....you will be SO much happier!

Room Tip: Don't go here!!!!!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
16 Thank DLU1111
Elk Grove Village, Illinois
Reviewed 6 January 2014

We have stayed in the area over several years. We have always driven by this hotel but decided to try it this time. All the hotels have gotten so big and we decided to go "quaint" this time. We stayed in unit #359 on the top floor. It was huge. It was tastefully decorated and comfortable. The balcony overlooks the beach and is gulf front. It is on the side of the Doubletree and over looks their pool as well. We had the best time ever. I have read other people's reviews and while everyone is entitled to their opinions and may have had a disappointing experience, ours was the opposite. The staff was nice and I can see where they might be put in the middle of trying to make it a pleasant experience for ALL that stay there. Due to rooms being right off the pool and the potential for rowdiness in the courtyard "afterhours" there has to be rules.

The point is, this place is older but in a great location and has a great pool (nicely heated) and great beach for play or walking. I hope people give a chance---ask to see a couple rooms/units before you decide.

And most of all, HAVE A GREAT VACATION!

Room Tip: room 359 has 2 bedrooms and is huge, nicely decorated and great balcony overlooking the Gulf and the...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank ChrisEGV
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Nice rooms, Great prices with lots to do in the area! Very comfortable and clean! The Sandalwood Beach Resort is located directly on the Gulf of Mexico where you can enjoy the soft and sandy beaches! There is a heated pool in the courtyard. I enjoyed laying in the sun at the pool and walking on the beach! Each unit has a kitchenette so it is very cost effective to vacation here! Units 121 and 356 are my favorites!

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Ginger E
deland
Reviewed 9 November 2013

My wife and I stayed in room 121 by pool. I wasn't sure at first about ground floor by pool. It was quite and very nice. Staff was great. Rooms clean. Bedroom and bathroom clean. Small kitchen with appliances all you need is your food. Very enjoyable and relaxing stay.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Biggs69
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I stayed in room 232 and found it quite nice, clean and comfortable. Everything I needed was there, the staff was friendly and helpful and it was close to everything. I will stay in 232 for my future visit!

Room Tip: Again, I enjoyed staying in 232.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Holiday Isles Resort
Holiday Isles Resort
#12 of 15 in Madeira Beach
Doubletree Beach Resort by Hilton Tampa Bay / North Redington Beach
Doubletree Beach Resort by Hilto...
#1 of 6 in North Redington Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,416 reviews
Malibu Beach Resort
Malibu Beach Resort
#5 of 5 in North Redington Beach

Been to Sandalwood Beach Resort? Share your experiences!