Doubletree Beach Resort by Hilton Tampa Bay / North Redington Beach
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Sandalwood Beach Resort(North Redington Beach)
View Hotel
Far Horizons Motel(North Redington Beach)
  • Pool
Sails Resort and Apartment Motel(North Redington Beach)
View Hotel
Grand Shores West(North Redington Beach)
View Hotel
Billows Apartment Motel(North Redington Beach)
Anglers Cove(Redington Shores)
View Hotel
The Hotel Sol(Redington Beach)
View Hotel
The Shores Condominiums(Redington Beach)
  • Beachfront
2,725 results
All reviewsmangos restaurantdouble treegulf viewwarm cookiesdoubletree beach resortbreakfast buffetgreat beachtop floorgulf of mexicoparking garagebeach chairsocean frontjohn's passspring breakthe entire staffpete beachtiki
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Just back from another great week at Redington beach. This hotel really does have the best staff I have met in an hotel. The rooms are clean and a good size.and the position of the hotel right on the beach plus free parking what more can you ask. Remember though that this is not a five star hotel and do not expect it. However having said that then any moaners have nothing better to do !!

Room Tip: Try and upgrade to a sea view its worth iy
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Exceptional hotel on the Gulf and only a few steps to the Gulf waters. Service is fantastic and food is exceptional. Rooms are clean and comfortable. Location is close to many nice restaurants. We have stayed here about 15 times over the last 10 years and have never been disappointed. Looking forward to returning soon.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
DoubletreeLaurie, General Manager at Doubletree Beach Resort by Hilton Tampa Bay / North Redington Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

WOW! Thank you, "Thomas W", for posting such a great review! It is so nice to receive 5-star reviews from guests who keep returning year after year! 15 stays in the past 10 years is amazing, and that tells us we must be doing something right! Thank you for your loyalty to our resort and the DoubleTree brand, we hope to see you again soon!

Terry Graber, General Manager

Reviewed 26 November 2013

Great place to enjoy the beach. On a nice beach with many places to enjoy food and beverage. The sunset was awesome. A very enjoyable experience. Great for solo to family; offers a wide variety of amenities.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I am a working mother with three children and every October, I take a much needed solo vacation on a quite beach, usually somewhere in Florida. I am loyal to the Hilton brand, so this year I chose the Double Tree in North Redington Beach (near Tampa). I normally rent a car, but this year, I decided not to and getting around was a breeze.

Overall - The hotel is right on the beach. What more could you ask for. Like most of the Hilton brand hotels, it is clean and consistent with Hilton's high standards for decor, service and cleanliness.

Beach - The beach was very clean and the water was astoundingly clear with a lot of fish and lots of shells. I collected all different types, including coral, small conch shells in addition to the typical clam shells. There was only one problem with the beach. You have to rent the chairs. They are $20+ daily, which isn't bad, but I think a Hilton property could include chairs for their property. The pool was nice, less crowded and chairs are free.

Rooms - The room was typical of a Doubletree. Standard king, bath, flat tv, desk, chair w/ ottoman, and standard bathroom. There is also a mini fridge which came in handy when I needed a place to keep my bottled water cold.

Restaurant - The restraunt was avearge. The view is the best feature. While having breakfast on the patio, I saw a dolphin swimming about 100' off shore. It was amazing! I couldn't believe it was that close to shore. I am a Hilton Honors member, so breakfast buffet is free. I think I heard the waitress tell someone it is normally $15, and I don't think it is worth that much. There are a couple of breakfast places within walking distance that I probably would have gone to if my breakfast wasn't free.

Staff - The staff was great! They were all very friendly and even let me borrow a phone charger during my staff because I forgot mine.

Transportation - I am including this, because this is a great feature of this location. You don't need a car! I arrived at Tampa Airport and took the Super Shuttle to the hotel for $23. I booked my return trip at the same time so I didn't have to worry about booking later. The hotel is located right along the beach trolley line and rides are only $2.00 one way or $4.50 for an all day pass. Tip: they don't give change, so take dollar bills and quarters or be prepared to forfeit your change.

Attractions - John's Pass Village: I took the beach trolley to the "boardwalk" at John's Pass. There wasn't much of a boardwalk, but there are a lot of restaurants located right on the bay, lots of unique shops and a lot to do. I spent about 30 minutes watching kids fish in the shallow water below the dock. It was amazing and very entertaining to watch them.

This was a great hotel and great experience overall. I think I found my new favorite vacation spot, and I can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Get ocean front if you can.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
6  Thank Denise O

Thank you so much, "Denise O", for your wonderfully detailed 5-star review of our resort! We are so happy that you chose to stay with us during your solo getaway! We really appreciate all the great comments about our location, beach, rooms, staff, local attractions and even transportation advice, which will surely be helpful to others who read your review. It sounds like you had a terrific time, and we hope you will make our resort your favorite "solo getaway" spot for years to come!

Warm Regards,
Terry Graber, General Manager

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Beautiful location on the Golf of Mexico. Comfortable and well treated by the staff. Good food. We went fishing (Charter Boat Clearwater Beach). Chef cook our grouper three ways, blacken, broiled, fried. Very delicious. Wonderful restaurants and unique bars near by. Tiki Bar at the Double Tree is lively and fun.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends