We live in St. Louis, and we have a 2-month-old, a 4-year-old and a 6-year-old. All boys. So, by the time we arrived in Tampa, we needed to relax. I cannot imagine a better spot than the Doubletree Beach Resort. The staff was so incredibly welcoming (the restaurant servers learned our children's names, brought them balloons, and one of them even brought flowers to our oldest son after he admired the one in her hair). The rooms were spacious and immaculate (large enough that we were very comfortable even with three boys underfoot). There was a cool reggae singer, ushering in a mellow vibe in the evenings. The pool was crystal clear. The clientele was friendly. And, of course, one could practically roll out of bed and land on the white sand beach (where there were plenty of beach chairs, umbrellas, etc., to make the experience more comfortable). There were also small details that made a big difference. For instance, we didn't think to bring beach balls and toys. But just outside the hotel room door, there was a large bin with sand shovels, pails, balls, frisbees, boogie boards, etc.). Also, the hotel staff was extremely well versed in the local hot spots and gave excellent recommendations for dinners/events, etc. We would take our family back in a heartbeat. It's rare that after one visit, one develops a strong sense of familiarity/loyalty to a particular hotel, but this one evokes that sort of feeling. We loved it, and hope to return soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- DoubleTree Beach Resort by Hilton is a true combination of Florida and the Tropics! Experience our tropical sun, gentle breezes, powder white sand and the sparkling blue green waters of the Gulf of Mexico. Centrally located between Clearwater & St. Pete Beaches, directly on the Gulf of Mexico. 125 tropically appointed guest rooms, each with a private furnished balcony, 40" flat panel TV with 66 channels including 24 HD channels, mini refrigerator, wireless high-speed internet access, ergonomic desk chair, iron/ironing board, USA Today delivered each weekday morning, two telephones, and CITRON Honey & Coriander by Crabtree & Evelyn Bath Products. Private beach and beachfront swimming pool, 24 hour business center and gift/sundry shop, Mangos Restaurant with indoor/outdoor seating, beachside Tiki Bar featuring live entertainment, and onsite cabana and water sport rentals. Come see us! We'll always have a warm chocolate chip cookie with your name on it ready and waiting! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, Hilton Hotels Direct, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Doubletree Beach Resort by Hilton Tampa Bay / North Redington Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Beach Resort By Hilton Tampa Bay / North Redington Beach Hotel
- Doubletree North Redington Beach
- Doubletree Beach Resort Tampa Bay
- Doubletree Beach Resort By Hilton Tampa Bay / North Redington Beach Florida