“What a nice surprise!!”

Stout Irish Pub
Ranked #18 of 114 Restaurants in Oakland Park
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: The city is Oakland Park but the area is Fort Lauderdale. FT Laud is a collection of about 40 cities. You can drive a mile and go through 3 cites.
“What a nice surprise!!”
Reviewed 14 March 2013

Last night was my first visit to this restaurant. I've been dying to go in - but just never got around to it. Well - what a nice surprise!!

After the complimentary valet parked our car, we headed in to the hostess station to be seated. They have a very large bar, but we wanted a table. Tables for two were scarce as many tables we set up for larger parties. We did find a duce - but it turned out to be very loud in the dining room. We headed over to a booth by the door - much better!!!

The wine list is pretty good and they offer many different beers - great craft beer selection! For dinner we ordered Guinness Lamb Stew and Calf's Liver and Onions. Both came out really fast, steaming hot and very good!! The menu offers nightly specials which come with a glass of wine. Many different selections - salads, burgers and traditional Irish food...

I will definitely go back!!

• Visited March 2013

Palm Beach, Florida
“Great food, amazing service, atmosphere could be improved...”
Reviewed 20 February 2013

The service is what caught my attention. It was flawless, both girl waitresses were professional and overall nice and caring. The food, was also amazing. I had some beers and they were not on the cheap side, but maybe I got some of the expensive ones, I did not have others to test pricing nor specials. Overall the crowd seems like a local crowd, which in the area is very friendly and open minded and respectful. There is always that little group who apparently is not noticing the world is changing and on top they are not even discrete when they stare at other people. Oh well, some others stare at them too. Back to Stout Irish Pub, the setup, is amazing with tv, one of the best sports bars I have seen. New flat screens all, connected to the highest fidelity signal. NFL is over, but for sure I will make sure to check it out once some games are on. If the place starts to get crowded they might want to expand their restrooms or they could be a long line. Otherwise I totally recommend spending your money at this place.

• Visited February 2013
“Decent Place”
Reviewed 25 October 2012

Have been to McSorely's on Fort Lauderdale Beach on numerous occasions as it's close by...I can even walk there. A friend asked me to check it out with him for Prime Rib Monday night. The place itself is a dark sports bar and quite large. Our server was great but I don't recall her name. I was surprised at how limited the menu is as I'd expected a mess of offerings like most of these type place offer. It does offer something for all tastes but is not overwhelming to read. My friend had the PR special and said it was the best PR he's had in a long time...flavorful and cooked perfectly. He also said his baked potato was delish. I had a grilled chicken breast which they happily changed up to my likings. The chicken was perfectly cooked, tender and moist. The fries were HOT & CRISPY! As it was a Monday night and Debate # 3 was going on the place wasn't very busy but the bar did fill up by the time we left; around 10p. It's not really in my "neck of the woods" as I live near the beach but I would go back particularly if someone wanted good Prime Rib.

• Visited October 2012
Oakland Park, Florida, United States
“Great food, great place”
Reviewed 21 October 2012 via mobile

Fresh ground burger, corned beef on fresh baked rye. Wife likes the waffle fries, regular fries for me. This place is first Casa, but reasonably priced. Love it.

“Pros and Cons”
Reviewed 4 September 2012

I went to Stouts expecting high end pub food with an Irish feel, and I was pleased and disappointed. The Pros: THE SERVICE! One of the best waitresses I have ever had, she was warm, attentive but not overly so, and greatly contributed to our dining out experience. The food was good, not great, but good. Large portions, good value for your dollar. My husband ordered a Black Velvet and it came perfectly poured so the bar knows their stuff.
The Cons: The loud horrible club music. I was hoping for some good Irish music but what I got was lousy nightclub thumping beat music. Not conducive to dining at all.
Overall good service, good food and value, but perhaps a spot for the younger folks.

• Visited August 2012