“Great food and outstanding service”
Review of Oaki Steakhouse - CLOSED

Oaki Steakhouse
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Asian fusion restaurant
Reviewed 10 October 2013

My partner and I have eaten at this restaurant twice. And that was in a one month span. On our first visit we were just passing by and decided to stop in and have a quick dinner. We were unaware of how popular this place was on a Friday night that we waited almost two hours to be seated. There are no waiting areas in the inside of the restaurat, so we had to sit on benches outside and wait until there was an available table. The staff did come out and offer us complimentary champagne while we waited, which was unexpected.

The inside of the restaurant is quite small, but intimate at the same time. The staff, the young male waiter in paticular, was hands down the best waiter we have ever had. He was attentive and he truly had a passion for service.

Both times we've been there we ordered the same thing: Hibachi Steak and Shrimp, dumpling soup (amazing), crab rangoons, fried rice and the crazy donuts. Trust me when I say you have not lived until you have tried the crazy donuts. It was simply delicious. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. On our second visit we were sure to make reservations and we were seated right away when we arrived. :-)

We didn't know about the Groupon offer until after our first visit so our first visit was a bit expensive. We purchased a Groupon deal for our second visit and we barely came out of pocket for anything, except the tip.

Overall the food was amazing as was the serivice. This place is a must visit and we will definitely return in the future.

1  Thank Mel G

Reviewed 27 August 2013

I drove by that restaurant many times not considering it because of the location in strip mall but than saw review and decide to try it for family dinner. Clean, elegant decor. Place is small but cozy.Service very good and food...delicious !. We had group of 5 and almost everyone had different appetizers and entree but all was very good,The best was at the end- cheesecake tempura. that cake just melts in your mouth !
It is served with ice cream on the site. Hot and cold- delicious !.We plan to go back soon and bring friends.

Reviewed 25 June 2013

This was my third or fourth time eating at Oaki. We had a groupon/living social this time that was $29 for 2 entrees and a shared appetizer. There were literally no restrictions on the groupon. I could have ordered the $30+ lobster/filet hibachi that cost more than the actual groupon. Anyway, I got the shaking beef, which is phenomenal. They make excellent fried rice, and it's a big portion, so I made that upgrade. They have a good selection of Asian beers. My wife got hibachi sea bass and loved it. Groupon aside, I'd come here anytime at full price. The food is great, portions plenty, and the service is fantastic. Any server will bring you something if they see you need it. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Sharif_M
Reviewed 15 June 2013

This is the best place to eat in Ft Lauderdale. Great service, excellent food and must have the crazy donuts for dessert!!!!

Reviewed 22 May 2013

Went here with my husband because we had a Groupon, but we will return even without a discount. The food was delicious and beautifully presented. Our waiter was friendly and entertaining and the prices were very reasonable. We had a totally pleasant dining experience and would recommend this restaurant without any hesitation!