“Excellent craft brewery”

132 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 85 helpful votes
“Excellent craft brewery”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I had been wanting to visit Funky Buddha every since one of my local restaurants stared serving their beers. I was not disappointed when I finally made it there. This place is huge and very well appointed.

The beer is excellent and consists of of staple beers plus special edition beers. I had the Fire in the Hole which is a Raspberry Habanero Red Ale. Quite tasty.

The only thing to be disappointed with is that only the staple beers are available in growlers to take away.

Visited August 2014

Fort Lauderdale FL
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Best Neighborhood Brewery and Pub! The Buddha Beckons...”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

This, by far, is one of the coolest Brewery and Pubs I have been to....I have visited Abita in Louisiana and River Horse in NJ, not to mention, hung out in Beer gardens throughout Germany...The Vibe at Funky Buddha is so chill....it is a great place to go with a group of friends, for a happy hour after work or even a weekend hangout. The bartenders are some of the most down to earth folks I have ever met in South Florida. I love the elegant decor of this place which is filled with Buddhas that almost beckon you to chill and hang out for a while. They sell growlers which is pretty darn cool too! The newest beer on tap I tried was the "Turtlepower" which they developed for a fundraiser for James Edwards. It is delicious, smooth, chocolatey and a hint of caramel....highly recommended!!!!

Visited July 2014
Indiantown, Florida
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“FB Disappointing”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Funky Bhudda was the third stoip on the annual Treasure Coast Brewmasters' Pub Crawl.
You would think a bus load of homebrewers including two beer bar owners another beer bar manager and a distirbutors's rep would have received a bit of attention from the owners/staff.

I guess they have grown so fast and received so much national attention for their "novelty" beers they forgot about the homebrewing community that has been very supportive over the years.

I had the Floridian Hefe and it was ok.
The Hop Gun had distinct vegetal charachter and I didn't finish it

Overall the beers were so-so and the hospitality was non-existent,

I love to promote FL beers and support our local brewers, but the Bhudda was a big disappointment.

You should have done better.....

Visited July 2014
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
70 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 111 helpful votes
“Cool place but decent at best.”
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

This place is definitely trendy, cool and caters to a young adult crowd. They serve beer n wine only, no liquor and for some reason... Every single beer I drank was not that cold. Being a brewery I'd expect the brews to be a perfect beer temp of 38 degrees but that certainly was not the case. Service is pretty good but there is plenty of room for improvement. It seems like there is no management in place and it's evident in how it's run. No food is served there but the good trucks outside is a great touch.

All in all, I wasn't a fan and probably won't return. Warm beer, bad management and they closed sharply at midnight! Some people seem to love it, I guess it's just not for me.

San Diego, California
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Beer buff? Do not miss this place!”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Came here on the 1 year anniversary. It did not disappoint. Plenty of awesome, fresh brews on tap and growlers, too. The place is huge and the tour is pretty cool. Craft beer seekers must come here especially if you are from out of town!

Visited May 2014