“An Interesting Surprise”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Authentic Italian cuisine at American prices. $19 for our three courses early menu'. Most entrees priced at less of $20. Open since 1985. Ample free parking. Full bar. 2 Private banquet rooms. Nightly specials. Available group menus from $20 inclusive. Can open for lunch for private parties, catering available. Open 7 days
Fort Lauderdale
“An Interesting Surprise”
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Living just about a mile away from Primavera, I probably passed by it hundreds of times having no idea it was there. Had it not been for a Restaurant.com certificate, I would have never found it. The setting is in a non-descriptive shopping center surrounded by commercial businesses. The inside of the restaurant however is quite attractive, with a number of varied sized rooms separated by Italian-themed decor. Appetizer salads were good, especially the tomato mozzarella salad. Entrees were standard casual Italian, not the best or worst, but certainly fairly prepared for the price. Service was supported by a team of individuals. Overall, it was better than the exterior location would imply, and certainly worth a future visit.

• Visited July 2013

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Sadly, Disappointing”
Reviewed 23 March 2013 via mobile

Having been to this restaurant once before and thoroughly enjoying it, I expected wonderful things once again. Our server, Brandon, was knowledgeable about the menu and meal preparations. The only negative I could find here is that he seemed to disappear once the food was served only reappearing to clear our plates.

The food on the other hand was quite mediocre. I ordered a crab and shrimp bisque which was a special of the day. It was served only lukewarm and was very bland and I could not eat it. I tasted absolutely no crab or lobster whatsoever in the bisque.

I ordered a pasta dish ( rigatoni a la vodka) for my entrée which was equally bland. Others at the table were also unimpressed. Fort Lauderdale has many wonderful Italian restaurants. This is not one I would run back to.

In fact it is one I cannot in good faith recommend. Chef Giaccomo did stop by the table, but his appearance did scant little to make up for the poor quality of his food.

This is very sad as my last visit. to this restaurant had left such wonderful memories. Now, I will not be returning.

Chicago IL
“A Special Place”
Reviewed 21 February 2013

The food as well as the service were outstanding. We were in no rush and wanted to relax and enjoy the evening. We were there for over an hour and a half. In addition to the food and service, they do provide a good pour for a glass of wine.

Would not suggest you bring little ones (unless you're having a private party) it is more for adults wishing to have a good dining experience.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Nancy T
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Feels like little italy....on oakland park!”
Reviewed 4 November 2012

My friend and i read the previous reviews and I admit we were skeptical of going here. But we had a groupon so we figured, why not!

We had a really great meal with butternut squash ravioli (our favorite) an alfredo dish (not on the menu but we requested and the server complied without hesitation) and a seafood scampi.

As far as the portions go, we had enough for lunch and dinner the next day. Whoever is complaining about the size of the dishes is probably super sizing it at Mcdonalds...

Our server was really nice and didn't overserve (one of my pet peeves) but refilled drinks promptly and cleared food in a timely manner.

The location isn't great but I will be back.

• Visited October 2012
pompano beach
“might be the best in ftl”
Reviewed 9 October 2012

i have not much to say. everything was cooked the way it should be. service was good and ambiance also. very clean. it is for sure on my list of places to visit again.

• Visited October 2012