“ATV TOUR”

ATV Off-Road Adventure Tours
Ranked #4 of 8 Tours in Ocala
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Experience a Real Florida Vacation with our ATV Off-Road Adventure Tours. ALL participants must be 18 years old and up.Guided ATV rides are a fun and exciting way to enjoy your Florida Vacation in the Ocala National Forest. We offer single or double rider ATVs which is the modern way to see "Old Florida". The ATVs are easy to operate and we welcome all levels of experience on this eco-tour. All ATVs are automatic and everything you need is provided from helmets to snacks. Ocala National Forest is home to abundant wildlife and unique animal habitats. You may enjoy seeing white tail deer, turkey, raccoon, unusual fox squirrels, eagles, hawks, and many other birds of prey. We offer rides ranging from 2 1/2 to 3 hours. We have access to miles of ATV trails all starting at newly built trailheads that provide restrooms and practice areas. This adventure will leave you with “Real Florida” memories that most visitors to our state rarely enjoy. Tours for 2 or more ATVs start at only $99. Call to make your reservation or to get all the information you need to make outdoor memories of Fla. a reality.
Reviewed 7 July 2013

We had booked on april 14th 2013 and had an awesome time . Peter the owner and his other guide Tony were just lovely. They had everything i didnt think of. We had a safety meeting and a small practice session to see how we were comfortable driving the atv . Safety is big thing with these guys and its nice to see that they take this seriously we booked a 2.5 hour tour we had started off and peter would stop occasionally to explain the forrest the wildlife and how the eco system worked in this part of florida, Being from Cape Breton we were amazed to see sand everywhere we went we had a leisurely drive thru the forest and we were treated with respect and they were quite welcoming and hospitable to us ........ I was quite impressed by the total experience that we will book again next april of 2014 for the 5.5 hour tour and we cant wait for it ....many thanks to peter and tony and we look forward to seeing you again.

1  Thank cbreton111
There are newer reviews for ATV Off-Road Adventure Tours

Reviewed 29 May 2013

Didn't see any wildlife or anything terribly exciting really, the park was pretty and we had fun but definitely NOT what I expected from an ATV trip. Firstly, they are not kidding about the 'nice leisurely pace' stuff. We had a couple very experienced riders in our group and the guides kept scolding them for going too fast or taking turns too sharply or not driving in an exactly straight line behind everyone else. Really??? They seriously don't want you going more than 15 mph which was pretty disappointing to us. Quite frankly at that point I'd rather be on horseback. Secondly they go way overboard on the safety stuff and 'worse case scenario' anecdotes. After we got there and got outfitted with helmets, goggles and gloves they basically set us on the ATVs (which were WAY bigger than I had anticipated), told us how to start them up and had us drive around the parking lot and get the feel for them. That was the point were I thought, 'ok, this is a little strange, I've never ridden a bike with a throttle and hand breaks and all but I can totally handle this!' And THEN the safety talks started and we got to hear about every bad thing that's ever happened on the trail and how careful you have to be and on and on. They had me so completely freaked out that when I hit some deep sand and the steering on the ATV started pulling one way and the other I completely lost it! ran off the trail, got stuck and started having a panic attack. I was shaking so bad I couldn't drive the ATV and ended up riding on the back of one with one of my friends. In the end it turned out to be way more fun because my friends goofed off when the guides weren't looking but it would be really great if they would just ease off all the doom and gloom stories a bit. Oh, and also let people know that the trail is NOT like the parking lot; it's SAND and it will change the way the ATV steers.

Overall it was fun but I think next time I'll check out a different place next time that's more focused on letting people cut loose.

5  Thank Metfan5775
Reviewed 9 May 2013

I booked the tour via the phone with a very nice gentleman (peter Briggs)
on the day of the tour we (me and my wife) were the only ones taking the tour witch meant we had a private guided ATV tour ...
It was the best day we had since a long time
the ATV,S were huge and suited 2 people very well , everything was explained and thought in the beginning were they gave us our helmets and safety gear
we had one guy leading us ( Peter Briggs) and one guy following so it coulden,t be safer
Ocala national park was very pretty to see and ride across , with it many different surroundings
and animals that habitat this place , along the way the guided stopped a few times to explain what were seeing and what was going in the state park , so it was informative as well as plain old fun , the tour took abut 2,5 hours and time flew by as the trails are tricky and fun to drive over and half way through the tour they even stopped at a public restroom in the middle of Ocala national park for the wife to take her restroom break
all in all this was a great experience and we will be back
thanks to Peter Briggs and company

Reviewed 16 February 2013

"One road, to bear droppings, the lake dried up. And the forest with wild hungry squirrels." This my wife's review, lol. I had a good time. Safety was the topic of the day. And our guides were very concerned that we might get wet from a bit of rain that was falling?! I do know that it can go from a sprinkle to a cloud burst in a hurry in Florida, so maybe their concern was that it would get bad quickly, but come on, it a 4 wheeler ride thru the forest. Get as dirty as you want, and get cleaned up later! Overall it was fun, if not an adventure. Safety is top priority.

2  Thank villvyko
Reviewed 26 August 2012

They told us there is a state law that no one under 18 years old can rent an ATV. I cannot find this law. I telephoned them asking where I could find this law. They never returned my call. If they do not want to rent to the under 18 crowd that is their right. I guess I will visit them when my child is 18.

3  Thank heidimt
Peter B, Owner at ATV Off-Road Adventure Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2012

I know that many minors would like to ride ATVs; and on private property or unknowingly some businesses might allow this to happen. We have made safety and regulations top priority even over profits. The state of Florida's case law, not statute, will not honor a waiver signed by a parent in hazardous sporting activities. Our ATV business happens to fall into this category. We have conversed with several attorneys to assist us in understanding this rule. We are not only bound by our outfitter's license, and our insurance policy, but also are not willing to chance our business to a court case with the law laid out as clearly as this was explained to us. Our business plan to the National Forestry Dept. is very demanding, that is probably why we are the only licensed outfitter in the Ocala National Forest. We love to have families come and visit, the only problem we have is all members of the family must be age of majority. I hope we can take you out as soon as your party members hit 18. We have had this happen before and we were excited to make the tour happen for these families at a later date. Sorry we did not get back to you on the phone, but hope this helps you understand our inability to take out children.