“Made for a great vacation”
Review of Country Chalet Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ocala
Country Chalet Inn
Ranked #4 of 8 Ocala B&B and Inns
Tampa, Florida
“Made for a great vacation”
Reviewed 21 July 2011

I live overseas and was visiting home to see my family in FL. I visited Rainbow River with the family as a kid and had many good memories tubing/canoeing/swimming along the river. This time was equally good. Very clear water and for some reason seems clearer than when I last visted 20 years ago!

Our stay at the Heritage Inn was a very comfortable one. The rooms are well equiped - nice tea table by the window overlooking a farm (I stayed in the Thoroughbred Room), small fridge, wi-fi, cable tv, fireplace - and found the bed quite comfortable. We rented three rooms here and so I was able to compare - all were equally nice and roomy. The pictures on the website accurately reflect the good quality and peaceful atmosphere of the place. The bathrooms are especially nice with a large jacuzzi bathtub and seperate shower area.

Our hosts were wonderful and very accomodating. When we wanted to chat about things to do in the area, we could easily find them. When we wanted our privacy, we had it. We ate breakfast in the dining area every morning and enjoyed the variety of food. I had a job interview during my stay and did the interview over skype. Because we had many family members coming in and out of the rooms, I wanted to do it in a place that was more quiet. I was very grateful when Christa & Gerhard suggested I use the dining area for the interview, which also had high speed wi-fi that was strong enough to do the interview over skype without any glitches. Christa offered to pray for a successful interview. I took her up on the offer and wouldn't doubt that it didn't somehow help me to get the job! I am now moving back to the U.S. for that job and will definitely be making more trips to the Heritage Country Inn.

Thank you Christa and Gerhard for making our family reunion at Rainbow River/Dunellon a memorable one! We will be back.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank FLBOY34678

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Ocala, Florida
Reviewed 20 July 2011

We loved the location because it is secluded, which makes it romantic but at the same time is on a main road, so that you can move around the city and find yourself really easily.
We loved the amenities in the room; they have anything from candles that invite to have a romantic dinner on their perfectly set table and chairs, to bath salts that will make you want to have the snuggest time in their Jacuzzi.

The food is simple but majestic. Their traditional German recipes, which are prepared in house, would make you want to have all the courses they serve during breakfast and dinner.

Finally, I have to highlight that they have the option of an in room massage with a woman named Sally who truly has silk hands and will leave you feeling like new!
I would definitely recommend this Inn without reservations.

Thank you Christa & Gerhard for a memorable stay, my family and I, will certainly comeback!

Katia, Will and family.

Room Tip: I would recommend the Plantation room i it is a couple steps from the parking, or the Homestead, if...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 17 June 2011

I've stayed at Heritage Country Inn several times because my parents live nearby. We have always found the room pleasant and comfortable although not always as clean as I would expect. Ive never once seen the swimming pool open, which is a shame since it is always hot in Central Florida. The food in the morning is not worth getting up for. You are given no choice about what to eat and it is always an odd sequence of simple food, like oatmeal and scrambled eggs, that is not prepared particularly well. At one time the rooms ran about $70 a night but prices have gone up to more than $100. At that price Im not sure I will return given the openly hostile way guests are treated by the woman who owns the place. From the moment you arrive, to breakfast, to the moment you leave she utterly unpleasant and rude. One morning my husband arrived for breakfast at precisely the time at which breakfast ends and she simply refused to serve him even a cup of coffee. I have to agree with others below. I dont know why someone with such poor social skills would choose to run a bed and breakfast. This could be a very special little place in a town that badly needs a bed and breakfast. It's disappointing that it is not run better.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank DeborahPaul
Reviewed 3 June 2011

Upon arrival the owner attempted to collect a paper penned copy of my debit card information that was paired with all my other personal information. I asked if she planned to shred it when we departed and she said NO! She keeps them "in a file" for her security! Can you imagine identity theft risks!? Got surly with me and because we were stuck in Ocala with few options, gave her my USAA card number and insisted she return it at checkout. She harumphed a lot and finally collected nothing from me... The room was dirty (old hair clumps, dead bugs) the towels reeked of mildew and mold. The place was stuffed pillar to post with absolute junk. Poor caged bird in the common area screeched unless covered. Pool and sauna were closed. Breakfast was nauseating. Wonder bread in a basket, no choices, cold gruel in a chipped bowl, not enough if I had wanted to eat it. No decaf coffee and acted as if I were asking for priceless Egyptian artifact. This place is awful. It may have been charming once but no more!!

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank MarissaMontana
Lake Luzerne
Reviewed 22 April 2011

This B & B was perfect for our touring the Micanopy - Cross Creek - Cedar Kay area of Florida. The owners of the Inn leave no stone unturned in making your stay a warm and relaxing one. The breakfast was a real "home made" event. Krista was charming and friendly. And be sure to say hello to "Hans" the cockateel! He was a little doll! We highly recommend this B & B

Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Northerners67
Valrico, Florida, USA
Reviewed 6 March 2011

The Heritage Country Inn B&B about 10 minutes west of Ocala, FL, is in a beautiful location among horse farms. The rooms are extremely clean and well-appointed, with all types of amenities and small touches. The beds are sumptuous with thick comforting blankets. There are lots of brochures and booklets on hand to help you plan your activities in the area. All in all, a pleasantly relaxing atmosphere.

That said, I don't think I would stay there again. The B&B is about 20 feet from a county highway that is a lot busier (and noiser) than I would have expected. The food is decent but not remarkable. The most unpleasant feature is the proprietress. Within two minutes of our arrival she was complaining to us about how the other guests did not arrive within the 2-6 p.m. check-in time and quite brusquely informing us that we needed to pay right then. She was not particularly friendly at any point during our stay - made no inquiries or any attempt to get to know us and did not ask if we needed anything. She was also quite unreasonable during the one dinner we had there. My wife and I were seated at a table with four places and she had put out table settings across from each other. When I went to sit next to my wife instead of across from her (we were celebrating our anniversary) she asked me to sit at the appointed place and I informed her that I would prefer not to. She quite rudely insisted, claiming that because the dinner would be served on a hot stone it was too dangerous for us to sit next to each other. Not sure why she felt the need to treat us like children, when any number of restaurants serve food the same way have never told me where to sit. I'm not quite sure why someone would choose to run a B&B when they have such a problem with other people.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank hokiemacdaddy
Lacey, Washington
Reviewed 28 February 2011

This was a wonderful stop on our vacation. We loved the individual rooms that were spotless. Christa is wonderful and helpful and we enjoyed chatting with her. Beds were wonderful!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple