“Fresh sushi”

Good for: Child-friendly
Phoenix, Arizona
“Fresh sushi”
Reviewed 30 December 2013

My husband and I shared a rainbow roll and 4 pieces of hamachi (nigiri style: piece of fish over a blob of rice). LOVED it. We usually order this whenever we go out for sushi. The prices were comparable to other places around the country, although I can't speak for the Ocala area. Our waiter was pleasant and attentive, however he was a little new at knowing about sushi. When the order was wrong (a roll instead of nigiri), he was very pleasant and wanted to understand where he misunderstood. He made it right. We happened on this restaurant when we couldn't get into the cajun restaurant and were very pleased with our meal.

Ellicott City, Maryland
“Filthy”
Reviewed 30 December 2013

I dont normally rate restaurants but the grand finale of my visit here will tell you why i chose to this time. Traveling from Savannah to Ft Myers, stopped in for lunch. Should have turned around after walking in to a "not cleanly smell". We were starved so we stayed. Ordered miso soup (good taste but not even warm), chopped sushi bowl (just ok), spring rolls (extremely greasy and slimy inside, didn't eat them), Tom Kai soup (not even close, more like coconut milk with a few mushrooms). The hollering and goofing off from the staff in the back made me feel like I was at a middle school lunch room. The hostess/waitress was too consumed with her cell phone to remove even one dirty dish from our table. There was an older blonde walking around that appeared to be the manager who could have cared less about the lack of professionalism amongst the staff. The worst part... When I went to the ladies room before leaving, there was dried feces on the toilet. Thank God I hover and didn't sit or I am certain that I would have completely lost my s*%t, no pun. WITH THAT SAID, OUR WAITER WAS GREAT! DO NOT EAT HERE!!!!

Ocala, Florida
“What's going on?”
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I've visited this restaurant a lot (over 20 times) and each time I'm very happy with the food (both flavor, preparation and value for money). The atmosphere is a bit bare and, for reasons I don't understand, the restaurant is often less than half full. The only reason I can think of is the service - which is consistently slow. However, this past visit was an unusually poor experience. I ordered the "Choice of Two" - a house salad with ginger dressing (fresh, clean, yummy); chicken katsu (soggy breading which fell off the overcooked chicken breast, no seasoning and no katsu sauce); and beef teriyaki (which was cold and tough), which came with four pieces of california roll (no wasabi or pickled ginger?). I sat for 38 minutes waiting for my meal. I'm not sure what's going on, but the place seems to be going downhill... fast!

“Terrible experience .”
Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

Came on a slow night , even made a reservation ! This was a special evening out and my experience at sushi bistro ruined it for me . Worst , careless service I have ever come across . There are plenty of other delicious sushi places around , I wouldn't suggest this one .

• Visited August 2013
Ocala, Florida
“Great sushi ...BUT...”
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Delicious sushi, I must say it is outstanding . Unfortunately you dine not only for the food but the experience and the service is SO poor I would not return nor recommend this restaurant.

Visited August 2013