“A beautiful ride!!”

Cactus Jack's Trail Rides
Ranked #3 of 28 Outdoor Activities in Ocala
More attraction details
Owner description: Horseback riding is FUN! Relax and enjoy beautiful guided trail rides from the FLORIDA HORSE PARK and on the Ocala GREENWAY Trail System. Horseback riding is FUN, SAFE and AFFORDABLE. We offer trail rides on our gentle, safe horses! See Florida's oak hammocks, pine forests, and green fields. Riding is the best way to see the beauty of the Ocala area. This is truly Florida at its best. The park is over 90,000 acres!!! We have outstanding horses and our guides have years of experience. We take riders 6 years old and up. We also do custom rides for the more experienced riders. Let us know what type of riding you enjoy, and we will do our best to accomodate..........Call for reservations!
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Thank you Jamie and Michelle for a great day. The horses were gentle, well- cared for and very well trained!! I fell in love with horseback riding all over! The trails through the beautiful woods were perfect! Can't wait to get back and do it again!!

Wendy

2  Thank wendy s
There are newer reviews for Cactus Jack's Trail Rides

Reviewed 14 February 2012

Took my grand children there. Horses were gentle and the ride through the trail was very nice, some shady spots. Employees were very professional and great with the kids.

4  Thank tenniscrazy40
Reviewed 19 January 2012

As a first time rider, this was a good first experience. The ride was calm and easy and the horses knew the trails so no skill was involved. However, because of this, this ride got somewhat boring after 30 minutes. Still, everything was nice and easy for a beginner. So easy that I got curious and instead of directing the horse which way to go, I wanted to see if it would take the hard left turn by itself. Sure enough it did just that. I wish we could have moved a little faster...got up to a little trot or something.

Our guide was very good and easy to talk to (I tipped her). However, she did not control the two younger girls that we were riding with. We were told to leave 4 feet between the horses...they obviously did not listen as they rode ontop of the other horses...in fact my girlfriend's horse looked very mad.

My biggest issue was the price. We originally signed up for the 2 hour ride but my girlfriend was feeling sore after the first hour. At any rate, I had made reservations before Christmas (it was her present) and I was told the rate for 1 hour was $35. I guess they must have adjusted their prices after the new year....

Still, my girlfriend had a good time so I guess I only have regrets.

It was still a good experience, but not a 4 or 5 star.

P.S. Arrive early to fill out the liability paperwork.

Also, this is not the company's actual site. They bring their horses to state owned trails where you ride.

6  Thank mebo28
Reviewed 6 January 2012

What a great way to spend your afternoon! The trails are BEAUTIFUL, the horses are friendly and well behaved, and the guides are knowledgable and friendly.

1  Thank TravelJunkiefromFL
Reviewed 25 November 2011

Calm, docile horses that are great for beginners, wonderful scenery either in their local park or the Silver River State Park near Ocala.

1  Thank jimfromquebec