“Awesome Hidden Jewel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Cheap Eats, Kids, Child-friendly
Savannah, Georgia
“Awesome Hidden Jewel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2013

Found Little Joey's by accident in a small plaza. Have been there for two business lunches, the staff is friendly and helpful. Both times I had sub's - veal with peppers and mushrooms with brown sauce(it was an awesome special) and another time the eggplant prarm another classic winner. The two clients I took there on separate visits both loved the lasagna. Do not be fooled by the plaza go have some great food in a very nice family atmosphere.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank gogamecoscks

Ocala, Florida
“Was not impressed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

A little strip mall restaurant next to BIG Lots. Not the most inviting atmosphere. The service is okay and the food is so-so. My parents had a pizza which looked good. I had their calzone which was slightly cold in the middle. It won't be a special experience, only an average one.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank jtg1961
Ocala, Florida
“Decent Italian food, not great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013

It is your typical strip mall Italian food. My calzone was a little bit cold in the middle. It tasted like something you could buy in the frozen freezer section of your supermarket. It is decent enough food, and it is reasonably priced, but you won't be wowed by it.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank jtg1961
Lady Lake
“Excellent”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2013

Keep going back for a delicious dish with chicken, garlic and vegies. Had it as a lunch special and ordered it for dinner. My husband loved it and now it is his favorite dish as well. get take out and enjoy it at home

Visited April 2013
“Our First Time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

We have lived in Ocala for a number of years and have heard good things about Little Joey's but have never been there. I decided to take the plunge by trying take-out. I looked online for their menu (they don't have a website but you can find a copy of the menu at Urbanspoon) and placed an order: one pizza with spinach for the topping and a chicken parmigiana dinner. I was told it would take 20-25 minutes. I got there within 20 minutes and the two ladies at the register were very friendly. I told them it was my first time and asked if they had any to-go menus. I was told they were out but to try asking again. They did inform that they have a special price for pizzas on Tuesdays if I come again.

The pizza was good though the sauce was a little spicy. But nothing I wouldn't try again. My husband said the chicken parmigiana was good also. I think next time we will try dining in at an off-time. The place is rather small and I can imagine at peak times it would fill up rather quickly. It is in a strip mall where Big Lots is located. Also, FYI, the restaurant on Hwy 200 is not open on Sundays.

• Visited April 2013