“Worth giving a second chance....you won't be sorry”
Review of House of Japan - CLOSED

House of Japan
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 May 2012

Honestly, my first visit of this restaurant was a disaster. We were there the second day it opened, supposedly celebrating my son and husband's birthday. We met several friends there sitting next to our table, I can see the look of disappointment and boredness. One of our friends had a list of suggestions and complains that she is about to give to the management. But, since it's new and has an elegant surrounding we thought we give it a shot. We eat out often, and I consider myself and my family quite knowledgeable about food, since we were exposed to diversity of cuisine at younger age. After an hour waiting for half of the food we ordered to arrived, and then had to return the food because it taste like kerosene (this is the first time I have returned food). I can still taste it the following day despite toothbrushing and mouthwashing. I swear I would NEVER return again here...

THEN, the big reveal...It's CINCO DE MAYO. Scouting the town for a new find, and just found out that HOUSE of JAPAN is under new management. Well, bravely enough we came back to the same place to give it a second chance. The place was tranformed into a next level of ambiance and elegance, the hurried and look of stress was change to a warm welcoming servers and managers. The menu was not as extensive as the first one, but still have a lot to choose from compared to the other restaurants in the area. Service was superb from the time you walked in to the time you walked out. We let the manager ordered for us, whatever the freshest menu in the house---we were not sorry a bit. The salmon and the tuna sushi/sashimi was melt in your mouth goodness. The steak was cooked to perfection, sea bass is also an excellent choice. The entrees was all worth what you are paying for. It's quality and taste you can get at big cities with gastronomical wonders. It's the best in the area!

Reviewed 5 May 2012 via mobile

A joke of a restaurant, interior is beautiful. However, everything else is very much lacking. The service is not up to par to the type of restaurant they present themselves to be. The food is mediocre, the presentation of it is even worst. I've done better plating. The prices are ridiculously priced for the mediocre food that is served here. $16.00 for a plate of seafood rice that was oily and salty.

Reviewed 24 April 2012

I've been there once, and it definitely would be my last time to get there. First of all, the food there are way to oily, second, the tuna there are just not fresh at all!!!!! The tuna are forzen!!!! Ew...I got a stomached after I ate there, which cause me cannot travel so well. By the way, the services there are really sucks, I think my server was very drunk when he took my order. I will never be back for sure

Reviewed 21 April 2012

We've been here 3 times. Very nice decor. Not very crowded even on weekends. Not the typical Japanese Teppanyaki Grill Restaurant. Large Sushi Counter making very creative items. We've had Katsu, Teriyaki, Hibachi and Bento Box meals. Each very nicely presented. Fine wines by the glass and 2 for 1 Happy Hour until 8 PM, even on weekends. Pleasant staff. Reasonable prices too. Clean restaurant. Large bar with full license. We only had one problem and that was when 1 of the 4 meals didn't show up and it took the manager to go find it. When it arrived, it was not warm. Not sure if it was server's fault or the kitchen. Our friend finished the meal however. They did comp a round of drinks and one ice cream with an apology. Our other experiences were much better. We'll be back to find many other dishes we'd like to try. We recommend this new place even with the one mix up.

Reviewed 8 April 2012

Great food, fantastic service, and the decor is clean, modern providing a wonderful ambiance. We will be back.