“Excellent Chinese & Asian food”
Review of Ocean Buffet

Ocean Buffet
Ranked #41 of 489 Restaurants in Ocala
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Beverly Hills, Florida
“Excellent Chinese & Asian food”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

This is my favorite Chinese type restaurant anywhere, when I moved to Florida my Son took me here as he thought I would like it. I can't recall more choices in a buffet of this kind. The staff is attentive, clean restaurant, no complaints on anything. This place is usually busy no matter what time of day, but seat waiting time isn't bad. Can't beat the price either, and I can't wait to return.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank jesse w

Ocala, Florida
“A veritable plethora of choices....”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Looking for something a bit different while waiting for my brother to go thru his Doctors visit, my wife and I stopped because there were a lot of cars here. Located easily on a main street, ( rt 200) in Ocala, we were pleasantly surprised by a bustling, clean, friendly atmosphere. The tables were set up with plenty of room to move about and see as well as select from a large number of choices of basic American foods as well as Chinese and Asian selections and a very nice Sushi table as well as a Mongolian grill. All areas were busy and people were coming thru with full plates with nothing left on them indicative of good food.

I started with a nice choice of Sushi items, and all tasted good to me.... yet a neophyte to Sushi. The Chineese and Asian choices were very tasty and the staff were constantly cleaning the areas of food, and filling trays as food was selected. I sampled a number of items and enjoyed each and every one which created a quandary as I usually went for a second plate of the items that I enjoyed the most.... but had a problem identifying just what they might be.... so tried a few other different foods and liked each of them as well. I reached the point where my tummy was full.... but my mouth said " keep it coming"..... 75 years of experience made me listen to my tummy..... so I had another glass of tasty unsweetened ice tea and just vowed a return visit on my next trip to Ocala. The nicest surprise was a bill at less than $9 each! ... great value!

Our local buffets in Citrus County leave much to be desired and this matched the quality of my favorite located in Peoples Plaza in Glasgow, near Newark, Delaware. It was not superior.... but a close second!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Ronald R
Ocala, Florida
“Good food for the money”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

It's a very nice, clean buffet with alot of good choices and very good wait staff. It gets busy for dinner so go early but they refill the food quickly so it dosent get old.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank Melissa M
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“It'll do if you're hungry and in a rush.”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I read a few reviews on this place before going and couldn't determine if it would be good or not. Here is my review. This place could be much better. The only thing memorable about the food was the crab legs. They were clearly fresh, warm and very tasty without being overly salty. Other than that, I think you make be able to get better Chinese food at a Chinese take out restaurant where they pay more attention to the quality of the food. The buffet was quite messy and I'm always turned away by children serving themselves and making a mess of the place.

• Visited May 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
“Nice! I DO NOT Eat at Buffets But....I Actually Liked This One!”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We have been here approx. 3 times now and every time it has been at different times of the day. Each experience wash nice. I DO NOT eat buffets, EVER! But.....I tried it, because the family was begging me to, I liked it. It is a very clean restaurant, someone is always cleaning, changing out the food and the restrooms are clean. The food it great, I like the idea of the Hibachi and the sushi sections. We will be back.

• Visited April 2014