“GOOD BREAKFAST EXPERIENCE”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Was taken here by friends for Sunday brunch and it was a good experience. Besides the usual breakfast fare, they had omlets made to order, which a variety of fillings and toppings. Very tasty. Service was veery good.

2  Thank HARRY M
There are newer reviews for Stone Creek Grille

Reviewed 10 December 2013

We went to this place while visiting friends in Ocala, they bragged quite a bit about how good Stone Creek Grille is. Its a nice place with a friendly staff, but the food was below average and pricey. My wife & I both had the special, which was pecan encrusted grouper. The big problem with the meal was that the fish we were served was not grouper. I've eaten grouper many, many times, the fish they gave us wasn't even close. I've been told that it is a common practice for restaurants to misrepresent the fish they are serving as grouper, but I didn't expect that here.

1  Thank rebky
Reviewed 4 October 2013

We have been patronizing the Stone Creek Grille for over 3 years both as guests and as owners in the Stone Creek community. It has had its ups and downs in the service department and the food department, but the management has worked hard to raise the bar in both areas. The service as always been friendly, and now they are also effecient. The food has improved and the newer chief has upgraded the menu and has added some special nights offering 5 course dinners (with choice of entree) throughout the year, and specials during the week. There are change of menus and a few great buffets. We are proud of "the Grille" and the positive changes constently taking place.

1  Thank OcalaHomeFL
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Terrific service, nice environment, and very good prices with a great choice of cuisine on the menu. Was not snooty for a Country Club environment. The residents seemed to make the outsiders feel welcomed in their club. Great experience!!!

Reviewed 22 August 2013

Made reservations for a table of eight. Hostess was able to find our table only because it was the only eight-top set up. The rest of her night was spent looking like a deer in the headlights. Most other arrivals just walked in and sat down...

Our waitress called everyone dear -- this is nice (we were all at least 40 years older than her) if you like that sort of thing, and you don't think handling customers calls for some iota of respect. When she attempted to give us our bills we then became known as "blue shirt", "tall guy", "striped lady", etc. The bus boy showed up once or twice and solved the id problem by just calling all of us "guys".

Drink orders: water arrived immediately. wine followed in ten minutes. beer another ten minutes. my GIN martini arrived five minutes later (that 25 if you are counting) disguised as a VODKA on the rocks. I decided I needed a drink rather than a confrontation so I slugged it down.

Our food orders arrived about an hour after we ordered. Four out of the eight ordered the same dish: chicken. they arrived. five minutes later a few steaks arrived -- all the sides were mixed up. My filet with a chianti sauce arrived last (but it was worth the wait -- it was excellent).

The executive chef (Jaz?) stopped by our table when we were ordering. He was nice but only "sold" one dish -- then he breezed off. The DR manager stopped by to explain that the slow service "wasn't her problem" -- I think she pointed her finger at the customers -- we should know better -- to complain to her, when it's really our fault for showing up. Quote: "At least we gave you some extra bread".

2  Thank billcanoe