“Clean, comfortable, convenient”
Review of Red Roof Inn Ocala

Red Roof Inn Ocala
Ranked #7 of 34 Hotels in Ocala
Reviewed 10 August 2013

Very convenient location off interstate 75. The rooms were very clean and tastefully decorated, with many improvements being made to the property. Pool area was very well maintained. Cheryl at the front desk was very kind, helpful and professional.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Red Roof Inn Ocala

Reviewed 3 August 2013

Good price for a clean room with 2 queens. The one desk clerk was friendly, while the morning clerk was more matter-of-fact, but not rude. Included breakfast is skimpy, but you shouldn't leave hungry. The pool is tiny, so don't expect your kids to live there. The surroundings have seen better days, with several closed hotels waiting for remodels or demolition, so I suspect this hotel may be the start of better things to come. The hotel is only a few blocks from good dining options, and only one exit away from a "newer" part of Ocala. I would recommend this hotel and stay again.

Room Tip: Seemed quiet throughout so nothing special needed.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Rita Patel is the manager and is extremely rude. I came with a large group and had set up the reservations over the phone. The young man that helped me was extremely courteous and made me feel like we were going to have a wonderful experience. Once I got there though, it was a different story. I had another young man who was checking me in was also extremely helpful. I began to have an issue after I mentioned I had a dog. I was told everything would be fine by the young man checking me in, but Rita Patel rudely commented that if I left my dog in the room that she would all Animal Control. She told me instead that I should take my dog to the softball field (I was a coach there for a tournament) and leave the dog in the car. I had been told that having my dog and leaving her in the room would be no problem. He even commented that the UPS guy that stayed there had left his dog in the room everyday. Rita Patel over heard this and yelled not only at the young man, but me also. She was extremely rude. In addition to this she did not follow through on many of the things that were promised - such as being able to check out late due to the nature of the tournament. I left in tears. I WILL NEVER spend another dollar at a Red Roof Inn. I went across the street to the Super 8 - and while it was not as nice in the rooms... The customer service was excellent and they were very accommodating with my dog. Rita Patel needs to take classes in customer service and how to speak to people.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Aronmispel
red34482, Manager at Red Roof Inn Ocala, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2013

Thank you for your feedback on TA. I apologize if you feel I came across harshly. We value our guests and feel "great quality and service" go hand-in-hand. As you can see from our other TA reviews, we consistently exceed our guest's expectations with super clean rooms and friendly service. As for the RRI pet policy, RRI pet policy is in place to ensure the safety and security of all guests (ones with pets and ones without) and employees. The RRI policy requires the pet "not" be left unattended in the room . Again, my apologies if when I was explaining the RRI pet policy I came across harsh. That was not my intention.

As for the FD GSR, I apologize for any miscommunication as he was new and in training. I have since reviewed the pet policy with all my staff.

Again, please accept my sincerest apologies and I hope that you will give us another chance in the near future.
Rita Patel, Mgr

Reviewed 27 July 2013

Room was clean and comfortable, but did not have a coffee maker.. Staff could have been friendlier (but being from NC, perhaps we set a bar too high :) Continental breakfast was a bit lean and the coffee came from an automated machine that wasn't particularly good. So nothing to rave about, but nothing of serious nature to complain about, either.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 July 2013

This Inn was very nice and clean. We did stay on the 3rd floor, which is difficult with a dog sometimes, but it was so peaceful that our dog slept through the night without needing to be let out. We took a nice long walk in the woods behind the Inn in the evening. There was an issue with the AC, it was a bit moldy and leaky. Also, the breakfast area was very crowded because a baseball team was there, but that was not the management's fault. We were greeted nicely at the beginning and end of the stay. Also, the bathroom was great, very private.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2013

Reserved 12 rooms for a local softball tournament and was told they would work with us throughout the weekend. Everything we were told on the phone was not honored at the hotel. They wouldn't let us "check-out" and then check back in with same reservation if our team won/lost and the price was $20 more than quoted. Was also told pets welcome until tried to check in with one and was told if the pet was left in the room they would call the pound. One family left crying. Not only that but the owner (Mrs. Patel - go figure) was VERY rude about it. This hotel seriously lacks customer service and we will NEVER stay there again. And the pool is the size of a spa.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 June 2013

This is a great place to rest up on a long trip. The staff is accommodating and friendly. The rooms are comfortable and clean. I recommend this place. The girl at the front desk was very courteous and friendly.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple