“Dirty & Disappointing...NOT up to Country Inn & Suites reputation”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Ocala
Ranked #12 of 34 Hotels in Ocala
Reviewed 5 June 2012

WOW. This hotel was on the list of approved hotels my company provided for business travel. I've stayed at several Country Inn & Suites and had superior visits (stayed at 1 2 weeks ago). When I saw it I looked no further. Obviously they haven't reviewed their list since 1980.

Entrance was difficult - tricky through gas station. I had a great parking spot right by front door. Check in was quick & clerk (Theodora) was extremely polite & pleasant. I enjoyed speaking with her.

Hotel smelled funky. Carpet dirty throughout. My room was street facing and was extremely noisy with interstate being right there. Bathroom had hair on floor. Duvet on bed was nasty. Stains & white hair. I had to sleep fully clothed in socks, jeans & a sweatshirt to limit exposure to the room elements, I left my room (while still light out) to go to lobby for coffee. Creamer was chunky & yellow. I gagged looking at it.

I was going to write this review last night, as I was thoroughly disappointed, but decided to wait until today. Glad I did. This morning in the shower I noticed a pile of mold on the shower head. That was too much for me. I quickly decided to checkout and rest (yes, REST) in my car.

I give the ranking Poor vs Terrible, as the clerks that assisted me last night & this morning were all very friendly.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not face the street. Noise is terrible.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
GMOcala_34474, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Ocala, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2013

We would like to extend our appreciation in taking time to write us your feedback. We are however deeply sorry for we fell short on your expectations. Your concerns regarding the hotel room condition will surely be put into meticulous assessment, and be given prompt actions without delay. Thank you for the appreciation you gave towards our staff services, we will do our utmost to attend to your needs at all times. The opportunity you gave for us to improve means a lot to us, we hope that we may serve you again in the future and give you a far better experience.

There are newer reviews for Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Ocala

Reviewed 2 June 2012

This was an overnight stay with my family with a late check. I did call ahead and let them know I'd be arriving very late and found when I got there, it was not a problem, Barbara at the front checked us all right in and we did get the rooms with the amount of beds that I had requested. Its a pretty comfy little country place, it didn't feel like a chain hotel. Their wasn't any noise issues another than the pipes in the bathrooms seem to run up and down the building so when a toilet was flushed or water ran in the room above me, I heard it behind the mirror. I didn't nitpick the whole room, it was late I came in, did my check for bed bugs and went to sleep. Now the carpet did have a feeling where I walked in my sandals the whole time and my bathroom floor was sticky. The room for my other party had a little funk to it, almost like moisture. But it was a quick overnight stay to catch up on some sleep and keep going, but Im sure thats the case with many of these hotels considering Ocala is not a big town. The breakfast was pretty basic, but hey its FREE. Why do people complain about free? This hotel served the exact purpose I needed it for, and we enjoyed our stay.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family

We are more than happy to hear that you enjoyed your overnight stay with us. Thank you so much for making the effort to write us your feedback. This means a lot to us for your feedback serves as a motivation to excel more in the services we offer our valued guests. It is our goal to provide our guests comfortable accommodation and assisted by our reliable and friendly staff at all times. We appreciate the points you raised and we shall seek to improve and address the concerns regarding our hotel cleanliness. We hope to be of service to you again soon.

Reviewed 29 May 2012

We had a very comfortable and pleasant experience here. The room was clean and the staff super friendly. If you don't like the pillows, there are firmer ones in the closet. We did not find this out until the next morning. We did not stay for breakfast, but we did find an awesome Mexican restaurant just a few doors down. Great place; we would definitely go back!

Room Tip: Try to get a second floor room so you can use the stairs instead of waiting for the elevator, which...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

We are very happy that you had a great stay at our hotel. Thank you for your wonderful feedback regarding the room cleanliness and our friendly staff. We aim to make the stay of our valued guests as comfortable and as pleasant as possible. Thank you for expressing interest in visiting us again, we look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 9 May 2012

This hotel was pretty comfortable. We felt at home and had a good night's sleep. Our king room seemed pretty big, and we liked the cozy country atmosphere.

Breakfast was the standard expanded breakfast - not fantastic quality, but more choices than the typical moderate hotel and the lady serving the breakfast was really kind and hard-working.

The indoor hot tub and pool were quite enjoyable, especially considering nobody but us was using it.

Price seemed a bit high, and on a future stay we were actually able to get a better price at the Hilton Hotel Ocala. Depending on competitive pricing, we would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank JAG0002

We appreciate the time you took to write us your feedback. It gives us so much happiness to hear from our guests that they enjoyed their entire stay with us. We aim to give our valued guests an experience close to home, by providing a comfortable and cozy environment to stay in, as well as a reliable and hard working staff to attend to their every need. We hope to be of service to you very soon.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

Third time stayed there and was not disappointed, good check in experience

Room Tip: Ask for back room away from traffic
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends

We certainly appreciate the loyalty of our customers, and it gives us much joy to know that we were able to give you a pleasant experience in all the times you chose to stay with us. Thank you for inspiring us to work harder in giving our valued guests the best service they deserve. It is our goal to make your stay a memorable one. We look forward to serving you again very soon.

Reviewed 27 March 2012

We like Country Inn and Suites chain but had never stayed at this one.It was clean,our check in was quick and efficient and room was quiet and clean.The breakfast buffet was disappointing,fake eggs,overcooked sausage,very little fruit.The breads were good,waffles were available,but if you have a special diet,bring your own food.Other than that,it was great.

Room Tip: Get a room in the back,off the main street
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share to us your hotel experience. We are glad to hear from you that we have served you well. The feedback you gave regarding our hotel room cleanliness as well as the quiet and comfortable environment makes us really happy, for it reflects all the hard work we put into serving our valued guests. We do apologize if you were somehow disappointed with the served breakfast; rest assured that we will make the necessary improvements to serve you better next time. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 26 March 2012

If you like mystery stains on your linens and & hair on your blanket, this is the place for you. We just had a one night stay for my mother's birthday. She was congested so she couldn't smell the room, but her eyes didn't miss the filth. This is supposed to be a trustworthy chain, but obviously the management is not been inspecting lately. Would never go here again. We were afraid to even eat breakfast here!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family

We sincerely apologize for all the inconveniences that you have experienced during your stay with us. The candid comments you raised regarding bed stains and hotel room cleanliness in total will be meticulously evaluated by us, and will be given necessary actions without delay. We encourage our valued guests to report matters to our reliable staff, that way we can better assist them and address their needs at all times. Thank you for bringing such matters to our attention, and giving us the chance to correct our deficiencies. We hope that you would reconsider and visit us again in the future.